When you run a large company, you’ll probably run advertising campaigns to reach potential customers. Small local businesses don’t benefit from this approach. Additionally, it can be costly and a waste of money.
The hyperlocal marketing strategy enables small local businesses to target and send effective marketing messages to potential clients in a local area and promote products or services effectively. When you use these hyperlocal marketing tips, you can focus your business on a particular neighbourhood or city to improve your rankings for local searches.
A business can target a very specific area of shoppers to focus on fewer numbers of customers. As a result, marketing efforts can be implemented, personalised, and measured much more easily. Read on for more information.
Here are 10 powerful hyperlocal marketing tips to increase local foot traffic and sales:
- Google My Business Page Optimization: With Google My Business, you can increase local search traffic steadily. A local business search using GMB will always show you the top results, which include the overall rating, reviews, content, contact information, and more. The Google My Business Page needs to be managed and optimized to become more hyperlocal. With Google My Business, businesses can manage their online presence and appear both on Google Search and Google Maps.
Getting your business listed on Google My Business is fairly simple. First, go to Google My Business, click on Manage Now, and begin entering your business information. Three factors need to be considered when setting up Google My Business: relevance, prominence, and location.
Using Google maps and local search, you can attract new customers to your Google My Business page. The more locations you manage, the more pages you need to create and optimize. Your Google My Business profile should be linked to each location.
- Build Online Reviews for Your Local Business: Reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook, and other review sites are commonly accompanied by mobile search results. Reviews are a key factor in ranking small businesses on local search engines. Approximately 10% of local search rankings are determined by reviews, so local SEO is critical to building in-store traffic.
Your local search rankings will be greatly improved if you have customer feedback and testimonials. Business owners must leverage other platforms in addition to Google reviews so that they can have a beneficial effect on ranking in local searches.
By getting a lot of positive reviews, your company will be able to stand out from the competition and attract more customers. It is critical to receive as many positive reviews as possible in order to increase the authority of your brand. The survey found that 88% of customers rely on reviews and in-person recommendations to make buying decisions.
Customers can leave reviews of your products or services if you encourage them to do so. Alternatively, you can exchange reviews for a discount, free item, or special offer. Think outside the box. Build a testimonial page to show off all the reviews you have received. Your reputation can be easily damaged online, but rebuilding it takes a lot of time and effort.
- Finding Keywords for Local Search: Local keywords are important for both offline and online shops, as they help customers relate to the places they’re shopping in. You shouldn’t just include the city name in your keyword, but it should also include the area or district where the store is located.
If your headings and texts are incomplete and sound unnatural, your keyword may be incorrect. Keywords should also appear in your product descriptions, company profiles, service delivery areas, etc., and would be reflected on your web pages.
Make use of location-based keywords on your store’s website. For instance, if your store delivers groceries in Pune, you can use keywords like “grocery delivery in Pune” or “online grocery stores near Pune.” These examples can be extended according to the nature of your business. Also, if we are talking about Pune, we can use keywords like Lal Mahal, near Shaniwar Wada, etc. This will help improve your ranking in Google’s search and increase the visibility of your business. You can include these in your profile, product descriptions, blogs, product pages, etc.
- Create a high-quality local content strategy: In the case of local brands, they can simply walk in, create their own authentic content, and fit right in, while regional brands don’t, and yet can hire local talent to develop content according to their preferences. Content is king when it comes to social media, so by using a local voice in the form of blog posts, social media posts, videos, ads, and emails, you’ll help build relationships and increase trust.
A key component of local SEO is creating great content that will appeal to your target audience. With your blog, you can share local news, events, or local places of interest that people may be searching for in a particular location, such as landmarks, buildings, or destinations. Furthermore, you can establish a local community or network of loyal readers, which is a great place to start boosting sales and profits.
Occasionally, you may want to focus on local communities (weather, language, habits, events, etc.) rather than your comfort zone. When writing content, be informative, useful, and conversational. Stay on brand guidelines, use your own voice, and don’t be self-promotional. Just focus on delivering local value to customers who share a common interest and community through your content.
- Add local schema markup to your website: For search engines to understand your business as local, schema markup is a key component of improving local SEO. Schema markup can be implemented on your website to improve your website’s visibility in local search results and display more informative results to users. When it comes to specifying your local business, you need to use various types of schema markup.
The tags you can use are not limited to addresses and names. You can also mark up videos, breadcrumbs, navigation menus, and so on. If you’re planning to add structured data code to your website, please validate it first to reveal any possible errors and make the necessary changes. You can test and validate your code using Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
Using Google’s Search Console, you can easily test your schema markup, get instant results, and review your average results, as well as clean up any errors. Be sure to keep track of your new issues in the Search Console to fix them as soon as possible.
- Make your website mobile-friendly: People are increasingly searching for local services on their mobile devices, so make sure your website is mobile-optimized. You are more likely to appear in the top search results once you have a mobile-friendly website. Using relevant location-based keywords in your content is essential to mobile optimization. Make sure that your business name, location, phone number, and address appear on your website. The information on your GMB listing, social media profiles, and local directories should all match.
Mobile search is a way for customers to instantly find everything they need. It is a great way to connect with your target audience and control your business’s mobile promotions and messaging. You can create a mobile app for your business and add all the daily deals, special offers, mobile coupons, discounts, and flash sales there.
- Create a Great In-Store Experience for your customers: The in-store experience is an excellent way for marketers to showcase who they are, drive brand awareness, and express their core values. Those stores that keep their customers engaged throughout their shopping experience are more likely to return to them and make larger purchases. Marketers need to devise strategies to accommodate the best and most profitable practices of demanding customers in the future of shopping.
We live in an instant gratification world, where you can get whatever you want with a few taps and a swipe. Modern consumers don’t like to wait. In short, consumers don’t have the patience to wait in line, especially if they are new customers. Reduce wait times by analyzing congestion points, implementing self-service options, considering customer expectations, and underpromising and overdelivering.
The majority of today’s consumers want a quick in-and-out experience. They are comfortable using technology and are extremely convenient. Keeping your delivery promises is also important. By improving customer service, interactive displays, and store management in general, you can build trust and engagement. With quality and value at its core, you can come up with a hyperlocal marketing strategy that drives the best possible engagement, no matter what you sell or who your customers are.
- Increase Online Presence for Your Business: Local search results for the area you are targeting must include both your website and social media handles. Taking advantage of local optimization strategies is crucial. When you are striving to enhance your online presence, you need to keep these guidelines in mind:
- You should ensure search engines are getting the right information about your contact information by keeping your name, address, and phone number consistent on your website.
- Once you’ve fixed up your website, take a look at similar websites and implement the same techniques to improve your SEO.
- Make your phone number clickable, and you can receive calls from interested leads yourself.
- Make sure to use on-page SEO methods to promote your content so that it shows up in local searches and helps drive customers to your location. You should also ensure that your post titles, headings, URLs, content, and image alt text are SEO-friendly.
- The Importance of Geo-Targeting in SEO: Geo-targeting is a way to understand who your target audience is and how you can target the right keywords based on their location. A business that wants to target local customers should employ geo-targeting with SEO. You need to consider factors such as link building, social media, indexing, and local pages. Similarly, you must claim your local profile on Google and on other platforms to appear in localized search results. In addition, it’s a good idea to include your company’s name, phone number, and address on a single page in the search engines. Also, your Google Places page will need a lot of positive reviews. People want unique, personalized results from Google. Search history, as well as geographic location, affect results.
Geo-targeting with SEO is only going to grow in importance, as users demand even more personalized results. The majority of mobile searches are made while on the go, so mobile location-based searches are becoming more popular. It is crucial to focus on local SEO because search results are becoming more relevant and specific. Being hyperlocal is key. The fact that mobile searches have surpassed desktop searches confirms this fact. It does not matter how large your business is, you must target smaller niches to stay on top of the competition.
- Create a landing page for each location: Having unique landing pages for all of your business locations is important to hyperlocal advertising success. Unique landing pages are an effective way to improve your search engine rankings and be cited on Google Maps.
Your business cannot rank for local search queries if there aren’t landing pages for each local location. This doesn’t mean you have to create a lot of landing pages. Consider your target markets first and create landing pages for them on your website. Include a header with a location-based title, such as “Locations.” For example, if you want to show up under “best hair salons in Pune,” you must have a page that contains relevant information.
Getting your business’s location clear on a landing page is especially crucial for small businesses trying to compete with national brands. Having a great local landing page will help your business in two ways. First, it should rank in search results organically. Second, it should convert page visitors into customers.
To increase your local visibility, drive more traffic to your business, and take it to the next level, you need an effective hyperlocal marketing strategy. By following these hyperlocal marketing tips, you will be able to find new customers and present your brand at its best before, during, and after the purchase. Experiment and learn from each hyperlocal effort to scale target cities and regions effectively.
Start your Hyperlocal Marketing efforts with Sekel Tech
In today’s environment, it is important to have a technology stack for your hyperlocal marketing campaign. However, all businesses have different technology stacks. Some businesses use only a few tools. IT-based firms, on the other hand, may use up to thirty tools across the organization. Before you begin building your arsenal of digital tools, you should learn more about how Sekel Tech can enhance your business operations.
Hyperlocal marketing is the oldest form of marketing as well. It may never go away. This approach will always be in style, whether you’re a big company with sales in various local areas or a local firm competing to dominate a particular market niche. Therefore, you should stay updated on hyperlocal marketing developments regularly.
Maintaining a local market report can help you accomplish this. It might also be a good idea to stay on top of local search news and data. However, experience is always the best teacher. You’d be setting a good benchmark if you could build and maintain a simple hyperlocal marketing campaign this year.