Digital transformation is when an organization adopts digital technologies to optimize its processes and workflows. Organizations take this journey to enhance the customer experience internally and externally by introducing more value and innovation.
Digital transformation is essential for businesses today; they must have a successful digital-first strategy. Several manufacturing companies have been able to become D2C businesses because of it. During a lockdown, more people used online services. When many stores closed, consumers had no other option than to shop online. Businesses must now be thinking about eCommerce and digital transformation if they weren’t before. They will lose out on competitive advantages if they do not go online. There is a very high chance that their decline will be steeper now than ever before.
In this article, we explore what a d2c platform is, the importance of a d2c platform in digital transformation, 5 successful digital transformation strategies, and the best d2c platforms for your business growth.
What is a D2C Platform
D2C platforms enable small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to sell and market directly to their customers, removing the need for intermediaries. In B2C, manufacturers usually sell their products through retailers (such as Amazon), while in D2C, manufacturers sell directly to consumers. It’s no surprise that D2C is so successful since 55% of consumers prefer to buy directly from brand manufacturers rather than retailers.
Importance of D2C Platform in Digital Transformation
- A Faster Time to Market –
The manufacturer can be more flexible with their products if they cut out the middleman and sell directly to consumers. By testing a specific product on a specific demographic, they can quickly gauge what products are working and what products aren’t. They can then adjust the product accordingly and release the best-sellers in a matter of minutes.
It is undeniably crucial to have the right technology in place to facilitate a rapid release here. Being able to master product data and create customer-friendly online experiences is key to a successful D2C platform. All product data can be centralized in one place so that entire product ranges can be adjusted quickly and easily.
- Data Management –
In the past, manufacturers relied on retailers and distributors for product advertising. If D2C is taken, they will not rely on them. Their level of control over the product data will be much greater. They can decide which specific details will be associated with their products.
In addition, manufacturers can provide customers with a more detailed understanding of the product. Ultimately, this leads to customers having more confidence in their buying choices. Manufacturers will be able to own any customer data they collect in addition to product data. By having an in-depth understanding of trends, behaviors, and product preferences, you can tailor experiences accordingly. Having this data will contribute a lot towards improving the overall customer experience.
- Delivering an Omnichannel Experience –
When manufacturers have a presence on more channels and marketplaces, they can reach a larger pool of customers. When there are no more restrictions, they might even consider opening a physical location to provide a seamless omnichannel experience. After researching a product online, consumers prefer to be able to visit a physical store.
Because customers have more choice in terms of where to shop, an omnichannel experience can help drive sales. As a result, you’ll have a much better customer experience. By increasing customer engagement, you’re highly likely to see a significant increase in ROI. One thing to consider, though, would be how to ensure consistency across all channels. By utilizing workflows and lifecycle stages, you will never release products with missing information, so it will never be an issue.
- Better Customer Relationships –
More than half of consumers prefer to research products directly from manufacturers, according to recent research by IMRG. It makes sense, therefore, to provide as much detail as possible. By providing accurate and rich product descriptions, you will likely see an increase in customer engagement and conversions.
The deeper the understanding of the customer journey, the more insights manufacturers have. A digital-first strategy streamlines the process of making these decisions, allowing manufacturers to determine which products are performing best, as well as which times of day are best to interact with audiences.
5 Successful Digital Transformation Strategies
For digital transformation to become a reality, businesses need to understand its true meaning and create a well-documented plan for implementing it. Here are the five strategies a business needs to follow for a successful digital transformation:
1. Review of Current Situations and Performance – A process or department must be assessed before you do anything at all to modify it so that you can determine which aspect of it requires attention and transformation at this time and how it should be done. This may include the following:
- Customer Analytics – Analyze customer personas and define your ideal customers based on how they interact with your business. It is important for your business to clearly define and identify the different segments of customers it serves.
- Competitor Analysis – Conduct an in-depth analysis of your direct and indirect competitors, their value propositions, key differentiators, and similar characteristics.
- Process Performance – You need to consider how processes have performed over time. Consider their efficiency and contribution to overall business growth, as well as their effectiveness.
2. Setting Objectives and Goals – Digital transformation is a long-term process, so you need to determine what you want to achieve from the process changes and technology adoption you’re about to undertake. Setting SMART goals is a good approach. Having specific, measurable, actionable, relevant, and timebound digitization initiatives will ensure success. Identify clear KPIs for each of the objectives and link them to strategies.
3. Analysis and Integration of Data – Using data analysis and integration to find solutions to problems could result in a more effective digital business transformation strategy. Digitalization strategies identify the right tools and KPIs to measure the data, manage and process it appropriately, and perform analytics periodically to support intelligently informed decisions.
4. Choose the Right Technology – A successful digital transformation strategy begins with identifying the right platform for your business. A successful outcome depends on finding the right digital transformation D2C platform, whether you’re upgrading processes, revamping websites, or developing a completely new digital system.
To choose the right platform for your business, you must carefully consider your budget and then look at the best options. Choose the right technologies to meet your business goals since this step requires substantial investment. D2C platforms include cloud platforms, digital twins, machine learning, and artificial intelligence that can be used by many successful organizations.
5. Get Started – Following all the steps above, you need to start implementing your strategy. During this stage, you detail your project plans and roadmaps of activities to achieve the outcomes you are aiming for, and you begin implementing them across all functions one by one. While implementing the changes, organizations should prioritize proactive communication to ensure the adoption of the new processes and technology.
Best D2C Platform For Brand
- Sekel Tech – Sekel Tech is the largest D2C eCommerce platform and perhaps the most recognizable D2C platform for Brand. This platform provides powerful AI functions and a single overview of all business transactions, making everything easy to manage and update. Sekel Tech is also used by big names such as Blackberry’s, Haldiram’s, Kalyan Jewellers, BBLUNT, etc. The platform is highly flexible and user-friendly. It provides an intuitive dashboard for managing and controlling your store without any technical knowledge. The robust platform supports multichannel selling and dropshipping, so you can sell directly from your website, online, or at your retail store.
Features – Content Management, Geo Rankings, Listing Management, Performance Metrics, Reporting/Analytics, Reputation Management, Reviews Management, SEO Management, eCommerce Management, Multi-Channel Marketing, Multi-Store, and Order Management.
- Shopify – Shopify is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for eCommerce. The platform robust platform supports multichannel selling and dropshipping, so you can sell directly from your website, online, at your retail store, and on social media and third-party marketplaces. It is highly flexible and user-friendly, with more than 3000 third-party integration and plugins available. Their themes are available in over 100 different styles for both paid and free. Choose from over 100 themes to get your store up and running fast.
Features – Multi-Channel Marketing, Multi-Store, Order Management, Promotions Management, Refund Management, Cataloging/Categorization, and Discount Management
- Magento – Magento is a PHP-based, open-source e-commerce platform. Additionally, it uses other PHP frameworks such as Laminas and Symfony. Magento users can connect with their customers and sell their products. Magento also provides its users with a range of useful tools and features. These include marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog management. It gives its users the ability to alter the look, functionality, and content of their online store without compromising the shopping experience.
Features – Customer Accounts, Customer History, Data Security, Discount Management, and eCommerce Management.
- WooCommerce – WooCommerce transforms any website into an eCommerce store using WordPress. Extensions for integrating payment gateways, social media, email marketing, 1-click selling, and shipping are also available. However, the biggest issue is not the setup; you can do it yourself with YouTube tutorials. The biggest issue is scalability. As more products and customers are added, most users report that it slows down. The WordPress platform makes WooCommerce a breeze for you if you’re familiar with it. All you need to do is install it, add your products, and change your settings.
Features – Reviews Management, SEO Management, Templates, Mobile Access, Promotions Management, and Returns Management.
- Wix – Wix is an eCommerce platform that provides businesses with all the professional tools and services they need to sell online and in-store. It allows users to create websites using drag-and-drop, offers web hosting, and lets them register domain names. If you want to use Wix’s eCommerce features, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan. In addition to tracking orders, accepting payments online, and selling products across multiple channels, the platform also allows merchants to create abandoned cart campaigns.
Features – Billing & Invoicing, Booking Management, Calendar Management, Cataloging/Categorization, Categorization/Grouping, and Content Management.
Businesses succeed when they can deliver quickly, gather insight from data quickly, and predict consumer behavior accurately. That is why digital transformation is so crucial. In 2022 and beyond, the retail industry will be increasingly influenced by digital transformation; retailers must be prepared and choose the right technology.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s D2C Platform
No matter what kind of business you run, be it a retailer, distributor, or manufacturer, you can reap huge benefits from D2C platforms. As it impacts all aspects of a business, it is important to consider ways to do things digitally. Those who do will reap the rewards, while those who do not may suffer.
Sekel Tech is a D2C platform for Brands that gives clients the power to make their products resonate with their audience. Sekel Tech’s goal is to make it possible to create your online store even if you don’t have any prior design or development experience. It has never been easier, faster, or more scalable to sell online with your eCommerce website. With Sekel Tech, you can sell online, in-person, and no matter where your customers are. In addition to providing all the tools to increase your sales, efficiency, and inventory tracking, Sekel Tech gives you everything you need to run your business effectively from moment to moment.