Every marketer should understand the value of marketing based on location today since instant gratification is increasingly valued. One of the biggest benefits of local and location-based marketing is that it allows businesses to target consumers precisely, based on their specific physical location.
Marketing based on location this concept enables marketing teams to reach their target customers purely based on location. Additionally, it assists the buyer’s journey from discovery to purchase, as well as engaging and retaining them.
The idea of local and location-based marketing can sound intimidating to someone unfamiliar with it, but it is simpler than it appears. A successful marketing strategy requires businesses to understand what it’s about and leverage it effectively.
Location-based marketing is a cost-effective and powerful marketing tool. However, what is geo-location-based marketing? How can you boost your sales in 2022 by leveraging this powerful geo-location-based marketing? By understanding its ins and outs, you will be able to determine whether it is beneficial to your business. This article will provide you with the effective information you need to know.
What is Geo-Location-Based Marketing?
Location-based marketing uses mobile devices to target users based on where they are now or where they have been previously, such as a city, a store, or a specific area. By using location technology, such as geofencing, apps can be targeted with marketing notifications and ads based on their geographic location, sometimes called local and location-based marketing.
It has been proven that location-based marketing is effective across the entire customer lifecycle, from discovery to purchase to engagement to retention. A population that increasingly values instant gratification can benefit from location-based marketing when used properly, as it allows marketers to target specific segments of the customer population with targeted offers. Using location-based marketing, prospective customers can find out if a product they are considering buying is stocked in a store around them, making it easier for them to purchase.
How Geo-Location-Based Marketing Boost Sales
Location data can be used by marketers to engage customers, drive clicks, and convert leads. The first step to creating a successful location-based marketing plan is to identify four important marketing goals-
- Providing an improved customer experience– A successful marketing strategy and business depend on a great customer experience. Every interaction between a customer and a company is described as a customer experience, which includes everything from awareness, discovery, cultivation, and advocacy to purchase, service, and follow-up. Geo-targeting marketing enhances customer experiences through personalization. By leveraging location data provided by customers, location marketing increases the marketing game by ensuring that they are always receiving relevant information. Customer consideration of such an offer will be much more likely if it is not just relevant, but also timely and offers an incentive. Adding these two features to your campaigns will lead to better customer engagement, which will lead to increased sales.
- Promoting in-store visits– The amount of foot traffic in retail will inevitably increase as more stores reopen physical doors. Since the start of 2021, retail foot traffic has increased. Consequently, location-based marketing can lead to more in-store visits, interactions, and purchases. For example, sending a promotional message when a user passes by your store is likely to entice them into your store. Push messages are a great way to do this. You can send this timely, relevant offer to all your customers, regardless of where you are.
- Driving sales– Businesses such as retail stores and food services can benefit from local and location-based marketing by informing locals about their products and services. Today, almost 70% of smartphone users access their phones outside the home or on the go. Because your target audience is actively shopping for the holidays, mobile offers you the best chance to reach them. By using hyper-local targeting or geo-conquesting, you can catch prospects who are near your retail location or intercept them when they are near your competitor’s store.
- Improving audience targeting– Your customer experience will be improved if you target them when they are most likely to need your service. Marketing can win market share by targeting customers headed to competitors’ businesses. In addition to nearby stores and events, marketers can target consumers based on location data. Location-based marketing is used by marketers to reach a broader geographic audience. Local and location-based marketing, on the other hand, allows you to target users more specifically.
Benefits of Geo-Location-Based Marketing for Business
Marketing based on location has a positive impact on businesses, leading to an increase in customer engagement and a growth in customer bases. There is no doubt that location-based marketing can be a highly effective marketing strategy for your company. But what are the benefits of location-based marketing? Location-based marketing offers several benefits.
- Boost Retail foot traffic to Your Store- The key to any successful retail store is foot traffic. And increasing customer traffic to your physical store is no easy feat. It’s proven that the more customers you have in store, the more sales you will make. It is possible for local businesses, such as food services and retail stores, to drive foot traffic by informing their market of the store’s proximity and enticing them with a deal.
Location-based marketing ultimately aims to increase foot traffic into your store. When people are inside your store, it is easier for them to buy the product. Your target audience will be curious about what you have to offer when they see cleverly timed advertisements with clear messages about discounts and offers.
Location-based marketing increases store foot traffic without spending much, and the lower marketing costs help you get a better return on investment.
- High-quality lead generation- A high-quality lead is an ideal prospect who is likely to convert. Lead quality determines how well a buyer knows your product or service and whether they’re ready to buy it. Marketing strategies based on location will help you generate high-quality leads that are easier to convert.
By looking at where people go, you can determine what they are truly interested in, as opposed to passive marketing data that only shows you what potential customers consume based on their previous purchases. By using location data, you can target your potential customers when they are most active and likely to make a purchase.
Imagine you run a restaurant and want to drive more foot traffic to try a new menu item. You can target people who are more likely to be looking for a place to eat or trying to decide what to eat by using location-based marketing. Since they are already searching for food, it is easier to convince them to try your new dish.
- Increase your Business Revenue- If you want to grow your revenue, you should improve your marketing and sales efforts, review your pricing strategies, and expand your market. While businesses try to make their marketing and advertising campaigns as appealing as possible, statistics show that they aren’t successful. In a study on mobile marketing, forty percent of consumers report that they do not find communication from businesses useful or relevant. It is here that location-based marketing can make a difference. Using location data provided by customers, location marketing ensures customers receive only relevant information at all times based on their location. Location-based marketing in e-commerce is most well known through Google Local Inventory Ads, but there are others.
Location-based marketing is a basic way of increasing sales and boosting revenue. Analyze customer purchases and preferences. Based on a strategic plan, develop targeted promotions to reach specific customers.
- Highly targeted marketing- The concept of targeted marketing is based on tailoring and personalizing online advertisements based on data acquired about an intended audience. An incredibly large audience is not targeted, but rather a subset based on their traits, interests, and preferences.
In location-based marketing, you target people based on where they are and when they are in that location. By eliminating broad-based marketing campaigns that are less effective, you save time and money.
A location-based marketing strategy can help you determine your customers’ shopping patterns and what they want. Using this information, you can create more customized marketing products, resulting in higher conversion rates and reduced customer churn.
Using location-based marketing to target customers when they are most likely to need your services will result in a better customer experience. When deciding whether to use location-based marketing, consider the customer base you have and the impact of external factors.
- Increase Impulse Buying In Your Store– When your customers already live close to your premises, they might need a little push to make a purchase. They may want to make a purchase, but they might be unsure about how to proceed because they do not know what to expect.
People might assume that your store is expensive or doesn’t have what they want if they look at it. If you send a nudge with a message advertising your latest discounts or a catalog of what you have to sell, these impulses can be converted into actual purchases.
It is all about helping customers take the last step, and addressing any concerns that prevent them from entering your store is a good start. With the right strategy, you can transform your store not just by increasing sales, but also by creating great customer experiences.
Location-based technology is a powerful and cost-effective method of driving sales both for large and small businesses. If your business marketing journey begins with location-based marketing, it has a huge impact on foot traffic and can help boost your marketing ROI.
Marketing based on location can be executed in numerous ways. No matter which strategy you choose, you must establish a good plan from the beginning.
Also, it is important to keep in mind that local and location-based marketing cannot work alone. For the best results, it must be combined with other marketing strategies.
Get started with Sekel Tech’s Geo-location based marketing solution Today
Sekel Tech provides a location-based intelligence marketing platform that enables retailers to tailor their products and services to customer needs based on a large amount of mobile data available in the market.
Based on a unique concept, Sekel Tech uses first-party and third-party sources to extract the information. Big data analytics allow it to create a filtered audience according to their demographics and geographical locations with the help of all the information it extracts.
Mobile communication devices help Sekel Tech provide a customer-centric buying experience to retail outlets. Sekel Tech’s platform allows businesses to promote their businesses and store locations. It combines advertising with geo-tagging technology. This helps the users search for local deals and promotional offers in their vicinity.
In real-time, Sekel Tech allows businesses to capture and analyze customer behavior and traffic patterns to deliver tailored inputs that are based on their specific needs and demands.
Sekel Tech can help you increase your brand awareness and attract customers away from your competition by sending highly targeted ads to people visiting your competitor’s site. As a result, you can share information about products and services that are easily accessible to them, making the information much more useful. Customer engagement will boost as a result.
Many industries are using marketing based on location. A greater degree of accuracy is coming with the development of new technology. The next generation of advertising will be more effective than previous methods.