A hyperlocal marketing campaign is a highly effective way for local businesses to target potential customers in a very specific, geographically limited area. This area can be a few blocks or streets, often with the purpose of targeting customers searching ‘near me’ on their smartphones.
If your business is struggling locally, or you’re looking for a way to boost foot traffic then a marketing campaign is the answer to your business’s local problems and it is the best solution to boost foot traffic your business.
The hyperlocal marketing campaign aims at motivated individuals ready to purchase your products. Local hyperlocal marketing is a marketing strategy that focuses on reaching customers nearby and primarily focused on increasing foot traffic to your business.
Most hyperlocal searches are conducted with purchase intent. In order to accomplish this, the right marketing should be strategically placed at the right time in front of the right people.
In this article, we provide a comprehensive overview of what a hyperlocal marketing campaign is and how you can run one so that you can generate quality leads for your company.
Table of Contents
Why Launch a Hyperlocal Marketing Campaign?
In recent years, near-me searches have become increasingly popular. As Google reports, the number of ‘near me’ searches doubled in 2015 and has increased 34 times since 2011.
Near-me searches remain popular, but advances in technology are transforming the way users find local businesses. Consumer behaviour is changing how we search for local businesses online, as search technology shapes how we interact with them. Local search results are being increasingly sought after as a result of the concept “research online, buy offline.”
As near-me searches have increased over the past several years, so has hyperlocal marketing popularity. Over the past few years, interest in location-based search results has not been limited to the greater adoption of mobile devices. Google itself has been shaping local search for some time in an intentional way, prioritising fewer, higher-quality Google Maps results for near-me searches and suggesting “near me” results at the bottom of SERPs under “Searches related to…”. In addition to Maps results on desktop search pages, Google has begun including the “Discover more places” section of the search results on some results pages, which was previously available only on a mobile.
Hyperlocal marketing is a very niche marketing technique, it brings in leads that are ready to make a purchase because of the widespread adoption of mobile devices and Google’s increased emphasis on local search. Hyperlocal marketing campaigns often target people who are already looking for the products or services you offer. Unlock massive amounts of search engine traffic with organic discovery.
Setting up the Hyperlocal Marketing Campaign
In hyperlocal marketing, ads are limited to a very specific geographical area, so we’re going to focus our attention on the geolocation settings; we’ll also consider keyword options, as well as hyperlocal social campaigns.
- Create Hyperlocal Content – The key to effective hyperlocal content is its ability to scale for multiple markets, which means optimising the content for better visibility and customer satisfaction. To succeed with hyperlocal marketing, you need to create as much locally relevant content as possible. You must not speculate but instead, provide actual statistics and data. By doing so, you will be able to understand your audience better and create offerings that are tailored to their needs.
It is best to work with local talent or partners who have a deep understanding of local topics, customs, traditions, and tastes to create content for different locations. In order to build long-term relationships and increase customer trust, make sure your articles, videos, graphics, and social media posts reflect your local voice. Optimise your localised content for location-based keywords to rank higher in local search results. Additionally, you can provide information about local landmarks, laws, events, and destinations.
- Optimise for Voice Search – A voice search revolution has begun with smartphones and has spread to smart speakers and voice assistants overseas. Today, almost every generation welcomes voice search as a way to find information. People are increasingly using voice commands with their mobile devices rather than typing. They want to know more about local businesses, their deals, sales, and promos, as well as how to locate an instant business.
The first step toward targeting voice search gains is to optimise your website for mobile devices. Provide mobile-friendly content, reduce the page load time, use AMP, build responsive design, ensure accessibility, and create content targeted at mobile users. Make sure your content is optimised for Google Answers and Rich Results. and build Alexa skills and actions on the Google App.
- Build Individual Landing Pages for Each Location – For successful hyperlocal marketing, it’s essential to create separate landing pages for each location of your business. The more personalised content you create for your consumers in a specific place, the more easily it can be optimised for each location. You can maximise your online visibility and rank naturally for location-based search queries. Try to use keywords related to your location, such as your city, town, address, or zip code. Find out what keywords are beneficial to your business by conducting detailed keyword research.
You should not create landing pages for all your business locations if you have many. You can add the links to your home page under a name such as Cities We Serve or Locations if you want to target the areas you want to target first. For each location they serve, Sekel Tech creates a separate landing page optimised for search queries.
- Track Your Progress at the Local Level – If you want to succeed with hyperlocal targeting, you should track your progress within the right location. Sekel Tech is a useful tool for monitoring audience behaviour, traffic quality, and conversions. By using this tool, you can monitor how your customers are reacting to your personalised landing page tactics and display optimised ads to users who have already visited your site using retargeting options.
- Build Your Online Presence – It’s hard to stay relevant in an online and mobile-driven world if you can’t get noticed at all. The search engines take a lot of factors into account when giving the most relevant and useful search results, so if you don’t appear on someone’s Google map or local search results, customers won’t find you.
Ensure that your website, social media profiles, and other listings contain consistent contact information if you want to appear in local search results. It is important to verify and match your name, phone number, and address across as many services as possible. Your NAP information should be formatted and styled the same across services to increase your local SEO. Getting high-quality links, indexing, creating local pages, and promoting social media accounts are also important factors for hyperlocal marketing success. Receive as many good reviews as you can.
Running Successful Hyperlocal Marketing Campaigns
A smartphone in every pocket can provide marketers with information about their potential customers’ exact location. It is possible because IP addresses, GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth signals allow marketers to do this. Most smartphones are equipped with GPS technology, making navigation easier and allowing marketers to pinpoint exact locations more precisely.
To effectively operate a hyperlocal advertising campaign, businesses need to know someone’s location to focus on a particular area of the city or town. It is easy to implement hyperlocal ad campaigns since all major online platforms allow you to target a particular area. Once you have chosen an area, you can set triggers for displaying your ads.
When your target audience enters your target locality, the following can be excellent triggers for using your ads: Search queries, Search history, and Behavioural patterns. Hyperlocal ads can be displayed in text messages, app notifications, search engine results, email alerts, or a combination of them. When people enter your targeted area and take a specific action set as a trigger, they will receive these ads on their mobile devices.
Marketing Tips that Make the Difference
- For Hyperlocal Campaigns, Choose the Right Keywords – Keywords play a crucial role in the success of marketing campaigns. It is imperative that you use location-based keywords in your hyperlocal marketing campaigns in order to be successful. Sekel Tech can be useful in these situations. It is, however, only half the battle to find the right keyword. Using negative keywords is also essential to minimise click waste.
- Get to Know the Local Culture – Make hyperlocal ads more appealing by taking inspiration from the local culture. In other words, if possible, use local stereotypes and phrases. By personalising your ad campaigns, your prospective customers will feel more comfortable following your advertisement to your business. As a result, brand loyalty can increase.
- Learn From Your Competitors – It is not uncommon for your competitors to provide help for your hyperlocal ad campaign. You simply need to run ads in the vicinity of your competitor’s locations. Customers will switch to you when you show that what you offer is better than what your competitors offer. By offering discounts or other incentives, you can effectively pitch your UVP or unique value proposition. This technique has the advantage of only showing your ads to people who are willing to buy something, so it’s not difficult to convert them into customers.
- Target Nearby Events – A hyperlocal ad campaign targeted at the event you are planning to attend can take advantage of the excitement that builds up before the event. People love attending events. Getting a sale from a happy customer is much easier than getting one from an angry one, as every marketer knows. Events can also bring people from far away, increasing your brand awareness beyond your physical location.
Hyperlocal Marketing Campaign Examples
- Kalyan Jewellers – Take a look at this awesome Google My Business page. For those who search for local spots on Google first, Google My Business pages are a great resource. As a result, I found the following results when I typed in “Kalyan jewellers near me” as a search query:
This example is awesome because it has the company address, menu, contact information, and website first. All of the links on the website and menu work, which makes this listing easy to read and understand. Look at the rating and reviews: I could read almost 1675 reviews if 3.9 stars weren’t enough to convince me. Their page is properly optimised for hyperlocal marketing, Kalyan jewellers excelled here at hyperlocal marketing.
- Aurelia – For this example, let’s look at an optimised website. It was founded in 2009 to make Indian clothing more appealing, affordable, and easy for women. Aurelia is an Indian ethnic wear brand that combines the best of both worlds, ethnic and contemporary. Due to its ability to redefine Indian ethnicity with a more modern touch, Aurelia has become a favourite for women’s work wear and casual wear. It is clear that Aurelia is very successful at hyperlocal marketing, and its website reflects this dedication.
Consider the following example. As a first-time visitor, I would want to know which silk Kurtis shop is near me. I would also want to know what time zone the shop is in.
It’s a perfect example of a business page that was optimised using hyperlocal strategies, like location, and the business’s ties to the local community.
- Mahindra – The following is an example of hyperlocal marketing by a global company.
Mahindra has landing pages for every location where it operates, in order to increase the ranking of its business on search engines.
Among the largest tractor manufacturers in the world by volume, Mahindra has been India’s top tractor brand for more than three decades. A perfect example of a business page that was optimised using hyperlocal strategies, such as location and relationship with the local community.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s Hyperlocal Marketing Campaigns
Before you begin your hyperlocal marketing campaign, it’s important to know how well you’re doing locally. It means monitoring the behaviour of your website’s users and analysing various traffic sources’ quality. It can be challenging to concentrate on a small geographic area, but if everything is done correctly, it can be highly productive.
Sekel Tech holds true for that. This tool provides insight into your local search experience, traffic sources that result in conversions, and how well your local landing page converts. The more accurate and detailed information you get, the more effective your hyperlocal campaign will be.
Utilise the local search experience of your target audience and take advantage of this insight to increase your hyperlocal strategy. Online marketing for local businesses is a great way to attract new clients. You can make your business a staple in your local community with Sekel Tech.