Location-based marketing case studies will assimilate how it is a direct marketing strategy that uses a mobile device’s location to distribute content or push notifications linked with a particular area to get discount codes or available offers.
Utilising location data provided by customers, location marketing enables marketers to send only relevant information to their customers at all times. Despite Google Local Inventory Ads’ popularity, there are other ways to use location-based marketing in e-commerce. With each Location-based marketing case study, we explain how Location-based marketing words and why it is needed.
What is Location-Based Marketing and How it Works
A location-based marketing strategy uses a mobile device’s location to alert its owner about an offer from a nearby business. SMS text messages are typically used to deliver location-based alerts to smartphones. Local businesses may send alerts about their deals of the day or discount coupons as a purchasing incentive.
By using location-based marketing, customers can find restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping malls based on opted-in, privacy-compliant data collected from their smartphones. Marketers then create location-based audiences and analytics based on this data. In order to serve more relevant advertising and content to their desired audiences, marketers create and reach their target audiences.
Reasons to Use Location-Based Marketing
- Eliminates competition – There is always a desire for businesses to one-up their competitors. Using location-based marketing will not only attract more consumers, but it will also entice them to break away from your competitors. When it comes to developing a marketing strategy, it can certainly have its advantages.
- Boosts foot traffic – In order to increase engagement for your business, we must first consider your ultimate goal. In location marketing, users can make the most of their smartphone data by using their applications effectively to attract new customers and retain the existing customers. Take a moment to read this before you become overwhelmed. Attracting new and old customers is the main goal of marketing. Therefore, it is safe to conclude that location-based marketing is effective due to local branding tailored to your needs.
- Enhances advertising effectiveness – Additionally, it can result in the appearance of relevant advertisements. It can be beneficial to your brand’s marketing cycle if you deliver more ads based on your geographic location. As Location based marketing targets customers based on their geographic location, vernacular advertising is a great source of marketing used by brands or businesses to improve their advertising.
- Creates an excellent consumer experience – The internet offers cool features to smartphone users, especially for mobile apps. By using it, users will have a better sense of your app’s user experience, increasing their likelihood of coming back and using it regularly. A location-based marketing strategy can be thought of as a filter. Consumers should receive marketing that’s tailored to their individual needs based on algorithms and data. Location-based marketing should be both functional and attractive for your app because it technically markets at a personal level. Location based marketing takes in consideration the personal data acquired of its customers, therefore, marketing one-on-one (like whatsapp campaigns) feel more personal to consumers.
- Resulting in improved search rankings – Local marketing uses a variety of technologies to reach local audiences. In addition, businesses should optimise their online presence to increase their discoverability. Businesses must set up business pages in order to appear on GPS devices and in web searches. It is necessary to complete a Google My Business profile in order to appear as a recommended business on Google Maps. Utilising location-based solutions like Google My Business can boost a company’s search engine rating as its online presence gets more localised. A website’s position on the search results page is referred to as its search engine ranking.
Ranking is important because the majority of customers prefer websites and shops that are on the first page. It is easier to improve search engine ranking by using a location-based marketing strategy. A company can easily rank higher on search engines with the aid of locals’ interaction, such as reviews and ratings.
How does Location-Based Marketing Drive Conversion
Most marketing strategies provide resources to address problems; for example, location-based marketing solutions enhance the client experience. By focusing on users at the times when they are most likely to use the app’s services, marketers can improve the user experience. Every individual interaction between a company and a customer improves their relationship.
For location-based marketing to be successful, marketers must take into account both their own location and that of their target audience. Let’s examine some examples of mobile location-based marketing. Hotels that use mobile apps should only advertise to people who are visiting or planning to visit. Users will benefit from feeling that the hotel service is concerned about them. Regular reminders could annoy people who have no interest in going to the business and damage the company’s reputation.
Location-Based Marketing Benefits
Improve Customer Experience – Your brand can elevate its customer service quality, both in-store and through your mobile app, by deriving insights from your customer’s location data. Mobile order & pay features have helped commerce brands to transform their customer service quality – and location data plays a major role in that transformation. For example when a customer orders food for pick-up through a mobile app, the brand should know when the customer is on the way to the restaurant and how long it’ll take them to arrive, in order to provide the best possible in-store experience.
Location-based marketing can enable customizable mobile app solutions featuring mobile order & pay for customers to order food and plan a pick-up time that works best for them. This way, the in-store team can ensure that the customer’s food is fresh and available for pick-up as soon as they arrive at the store. By tracking the customer’s location, the brand can eliminate the guessing game of your customer’s arrival.
Drive Dealings – Personalization is crucial in location-based marketing. But simply sending users a fantastic, personalised message is insufficient. What triggers your users respond to in real time and which behaviours are likely to lead to transactions must be evaluated and tested.
Marketing relies heavily on innovation and personalization. The brand should make the customer feel as if it knows them, where they shop, when they shop, and what they shop for. This requires creative solutions on the part of the brand. Location data is a powerful tool for brands to identify a customer’s current location as well as their previous location. The ideal solution is to provide targeted offers at relevant locations and to upsell customers while they are in the store.
In order to deliver relevant recommendations based on nearby stores or recently visited stores, location data can be used to segment audiences and build rich customer profiles.
Timely Store Visits – The number of establishments opening their physical doors again will inevitably result in higher foot traffic. Retail foot traffic increased by 12.5% YoY* since the start of 2021. Accordingly, location-based marketing can and will encourage additional in-store interactions, visits, and sales. There is a strong possibility of persuading an app user to enter a store by sending them a promotional message as they pass by. Utilising push notifications is one method for accomplishing this. They will all receive this timely, pertinent offer, regardless of where a client is located.
Redirecting aid – Enhancing customer journeys with real-time recommendations is a fantastic place to start if a brand wants a recurring business. Retargeting, in other words, closes the loop. In the world of technology today, there are a lot of touchpoints. Although it could seem overwhelming, starting with location intelligence for accuracy and scaling up your strategy across email, social media, and mobile will help you gain consumers’ confidence and create those meaningful interactions we mentioned before. Profit from this momentum by bridging offline and online experiences.
Location-Based Marketing Case Studies of Brands
Every location-based marketing case study of Sekel Tech indicates different ways in which Location-based marketing has been used for each client.
1. Mahindra increases its sales using Sekel Tech’s Local search ranking listings and local content.
- About Mahindra – Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (M&M) is a Mumbai-based, multinational Indian automotive manufacturing company. It was founded in 1945 under the name Mahindra & Muhammad and changed to Mahindra & Mahindra subsequently. M&M is a member of the Mahindra Group and top most India’s car producers by production.
– To get ranked while searched for on a local basis.
– To make people aware of the latest offers when they search for the business.
– Mahindra was facing problems with citations that was disabling them to not rank higher.
– Lack of regional content making it difficult for the customers and unaware of current offers.
- What Sekel Tech has done for Mahindra – Mahindra was seeking to improve their ranking when searched for locally as Mahindra had multiple listings because their business is present at multiple locations. Sekel Tech recognized this hurdle and used the local language of a particular area to create vernacular content to display offers.
2. Kalyan Jewellers ranks higher utilising the campaigns created by Sekel Tech.
- About Kalyan Jewellers – T. S. Kalyanaraman created Kalyan Jewellers, opening the company’s first jewellery store in Thrissur, Kerala, India, in 1993. First, Kalyan Jewellers boosted their presence in the states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana in South India. In 2012, they opened a store in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, to further their reach outside of South India. The business has also established “My Kalyan,” a customer care centre, which provides services including Kalyan Gold Purchase Advance Scheme, Gold Insurance for gold jewellery, and advance booking for wedding purchase.
s. There are already around 761 “My Kalyan” locations in India.
– To make customers feel like they are being sent content on a one on one level instead of as a whole.
– Difficulty in being able to track so many customers.
– Sending multiple customers messages on a personalised level.
- What Sekel Tech has done for Kalyan Jewellers – Kalyan Jewellers wanted to create content and share it on a one-on-one level to get more traction on available products and offers. Sekel Tech provided Kalyan Jewellers with first-party data in order to know the NAP data of their customers. Sekel Tech also created a WhatsApp campaign for Kalyan Jewellers in order to send multiple people messages and videos.
3. VLCC microsite was created under Sekel Tech to rank higher in terms of Local searches.
- About VLCC – Mrs. Vandana Luthra established the VLCC in 1989, VLCC opened a centre for beauty and slimming services. Today, it is well known for its extensive selection of wellness and beauty goods and services and enjoys a high degree of customer confidence. Currently, the VLCC Group has 330 locations spread throughout more than 150 cities and 14 countries in Asia and Africa, including India, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait,Kenya, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Singapore.
– VLCC wanted to rank in a specific way when searched for locally.
– VLCC found it difficult to rank using organic SEO and Google my business.
- What Sekel Tech has done for VLCC – VLCC wanted to rank in a specific manner using certain keywords which was challenging for them. Sekel Tech helped them to rank higher locally using microsites. These microsites existed under Sekel Tech’s main page to give them the desired ranking results under particular keywords
4. Blackberry was finding it difficult to scale in terms of segmentation.
- About Blackberry – The Gurgaon-based Blackberrys, which are made by one of India’s top seven suit manufacturers, Mohan Clothing Company Pvt. Ltd. started by Nitin and Nikhil Mohan, brothers. The company, which in just the previous two decades has generated a revenue of Rs. 800 crore from domestic retail, also boasts a fantastic manufacturing setup with four facilities in the Udyog Vihar area that produce 3,60,000 jackets and 14,00,000 pants annually. The company began by making jackets and blazers, unlike many businesses that first produced trousers before switching to suits.
– Boost product discovery and draw in new customers
– Scalable contextual communication with granular segmentation.
– Segment-based, timely communication across mediums.
- What Sekel Tech has done for Blackberry – Blackberry was having trouble onboarding new users, but the Sekel Tech team was able to provide automated welcome messages that were highly personalised across a variety of channels, including email, web push, and push notification and gave its new customers immediate value. The company was having trouble keeping track of customers’ browsing habits so it could send them event-based advertising and persuade them to add items to their basket. Sekel Tech offers highly customised mobile push notifications to customers with information based on the products they have previously browsed and other driving app usage and purchases as a result.
Businesses employ location-based marketing as a strategy to increase sales revenue and brand awareness. It helps businesses understand their customers better by enabling them to arrange promotional events based on location or proximity. Despite its advantages, location-based marketing has a number of drawbacks, especially for customers without smartphones. Therefore, it’s essential for firms to focus on the right population. Local advertising allows businesses to connect with customers on a more personal level.
Businesses have found success with it since it enables them to connect with lots of customers and give them a good experience. These are a few Location-based marketing case studies that we have provided in this article to understand the different aspects of Location-based marketing and use it to grow your business.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s Location-Based Marketing
It can be challenging to comprehend location-based marketing. Even while it is an efficient way to keep tabs on your clients, if it isn’t done correctly, the work could be utterly in vain. However, there is a method for making the most of location-based marketing tools and technologies without becoming overburdened. Some methods used by Sekel Tech have been explained above with the help of Location-based marketing case studies.
The best course of action is to select a potent remedy like Sekel Tech. Businesses need Sekel Tech’s location-based marketing solutions to meet location-based difficulties since they provide Local listings, Local search ranks, and expanding brand reach in an area. With a collection of first-party data infrastructure that enables low-cost client acquisition, Sekel Tech develops a transparent and sustainable environment that permits companies to do listings and reviews.