Location based SMS marketing is sending messages to customers to inform them of promotional and time-sensitive information to motivate them to purchase products, visit stores, sign up for local services, etc.
By the end of the year 2023, there will be many smartphone users in the Middle East and Africa. It is possible for companies to advertise their products and services via SMS messages to all of these users. Although social media and email are still popular marketing tools, many companies prefer to invest in other types of marketing. The cost-effectiveness and power of SMS location based marketing over these techniques cannot be denied.
Online or offline messages can be sent to consumers based on their location utilising mobile location based marketing. With location data, you can reach consumers based on nearby stores, regional events, and more.
Table of Contents
What is Location Based SMS Marketing
Location based text marketing sends text promotions to clients based on their geographic location. Marketing communications have been segmented for long so that only nearby customers receive them.
It’s no secret that location based marketing has become a buzzword. Are you wondering what location based text marketing is and how it can help your business? Learn how to implement it into your marketing mix right now, including simple strategies for using it.
How does it work for your business
Mobile ads with location tracking are combined with location based marketing to show consumers content tailored to their location. You might receive an ad on your phone if you walk by a coffee shop and see its daily specials. A location based SMS marketing strategy would be used in this scenario.
Using it doesn’t have to be that direct. Customers can also be targeted by zip code or area code if they live in a specific area. It might make sense to only promote a certain promotion to customers near Location A if your business has multiple locations. You can accomplish this through location based marketing.
Why should one use Location based SMS marketing
Location based marketing is becoming more popular. 90% of marketers, according to statistics, think that text messaging advertising increases sales. Additionally, according to 86% of marketers, it fosters consumer expansion. In order to cut through the clutter and only receive marketing messages pertinent to their needs and interests, many people desire a more individualised experience. The main focus is on this. Are you prepared to launch your location based marketing campaigns? See how the benefits of location based SMS advertising exceed the drawbacks by reading the advantages and downsides listed below.
Benefits of Location based SMS marketing
- Encourages Customer Engagement – If you provide your clients information about what they could need right now, you have a better chance of keeping their interest.
- Global reach – Some mobile advertising formats can only target a certain audience. Social media efforts, for instance, may just target smartphone users and fail to reach them because their posts are not served or they are scrolled through. However, SMS is accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. This broadens your influence.
- Improved Sales – Maximum reach and improved customer interaction will give you a double impact by accelerating your leads, sales, and money.
- Relevant ads – You’re adding value to customers by showing them ads that matter or have great relevance to their immediate circumstances.
- Increasing customer engagement – You’re more likely to develop brand enthusiasts when you’re sending them information they can actually use at the moment.
- Simple Setup – Using an online SMS gateway to launch your location based marketing campaigns are simple and uncomplicated. Text messaging campaigns can be created in a few minutes.
- Massive open rate – Compared to email or social media, SMS has a 98% open rate, which means that your marketing messages get read.
- Communication with anybody owning a phone – While some mobile ad formats can only be sent to smartphone users, location based text marketing allows you to reach out to anyone who has a mobile phone.
Strategies for using Location based SMS marketing
- Utilise your website’s sign-up form – You can easily add fields to your web sign up form to assist segment your list by location if you’re using one to get consent. State, city, or even zip code could be included in these areas. This method won’t always work because not everyone uses a web form for consent, but if one is part of your plan, it’s fairly easy to make. It’s simple to separate your list depending on location once you’ve gathered this data. You can decide to limit the recipients of your SMS messages to those with a particular zip code or location.
- Integrate texts – Send words are the words or phrases that users text to join your text list; you can think of them as keywords. Consider making location specific text words if your company operates from multiple locations. Individual text lists for each location’s residents would result from this.
- Leverage area codes – Dividing your list according to the area code of each phone number is another way to segment it for location based text marketing. Everyone who has a specific area code ought to, in theory, reside nearby. Although it does so technically, this is not the ideal method for location based marketing. In reality, it’s quite clumsy and prone to mistakes. This method is unreliable since people frequently relocate without updating their phone numbers. If your location is very large, such as the entire state or a whole region, area codes are most effectively used for location based marketing. Again, it would usually be preferable to split your list using other data, but if all you have are area codes, this might be a decent place to start.
- Start a discussion using Workflows – This tool gives you complete control over how specific you want to be with your location based marketing. It’s simple to set up automated chats that query your clients. Our cutting-edge software can automatically filter consumer sentiment into extra streams so you may further segment your audience based on what they are saying.
- Implement location based marketing automation platforms – Marketing automation software enables you to automate your marketing campaigns across a variety of channels. They are capable of more than just starting cross-channel marketing messaging depending on the platform. For instance, they assist you in post engagement and lead monitoring. This data can be used to segment clients according to where they are located. Find the posts that your audience is most interested in using the display dashboard.
Utilise these postings to pinpoint places and write specialised promotional texts. For instance, you may instruct your sales team to get in touch with clients who click links and ask for their location or permission to send them content and information relevant to the posts they liked, commented on, or shared.
Have unanswered questions regarding location based marketing? Excellent, we have the answers.
- How does location based text marketing work?
The use of digital and physical techniques to launch marketing campaigns centred on a customer’s physical location is one of the many distinct strategies for location based marketing. It typically involves leveraging specific consumer data to send mobile messages or advertisements based on where a customer is at any one time.
- How can data be collected by marketers?
Advertisers can use information from mobile phones or that was previously provided to deliver customers various messages depending on where they are.
- How can one utilise location data?
Location data assists marketers in determining when and what advertisements would be of interest to a consumer. It enables the display of more beneficial, effective adverts to consumers.
- How do marketers know where I am?
Advertisers can locate you using your area code, the text word you use to sign up, or by tracking preferences data you’ve given them.
- Want to use sms for your location based marketing business?
Are you prepared to include location based text marketing into your overall marketing plan? Contact us to know more.
Sending users a large number of texts is therefore not as difficult as it may seem. SMS marketing allows you to segment your consumers in the methods listed below, while working with clients in various locations:
– Localised telesales
– using web forms to request the customer’s location
You’ll soon see an increase in users visiting your site and more conversions from profitable transactions once you’ve put an SMS marketing campaign strategy in place. Your customers will be willing to share their location with you in order to receive more value, just as you allow your mobile ordering app to read your location and advise the closest store.By implementing SMS-based location marketing, you can provide your customers exactly what they want, where they want it. Start right away!
Take advantage of Sekel Tech’s Location based SMS marketing
The location based SMS marketing technology from Sekel Tech enables advertisers to target and interact with customers at scale by sending precise and customised messages to their mobile devices. Over the past few years, Sekel Tech has served a wide range of customers. Organisations can utilise a variety of their solutions to connect with their target market. It has created a number of cutting-edge technologies to assist companies in getting more from their marketing initiatives.
Solutions for location based marketing(SMS) are provided by Sekel Tech, a SaaS based business. These solutions were built with the express purpose of meeting business needs, and they do so by providing a wide range of services. These include mobile websites for better website experience on smartphones and tablets, geo-fencing for targeted messaging, push notifications for enhanced engagement, SMS marketing for greater customer interaction, and mobile websites for better website experience on desktop computers.