D2C fulfilment, also known as indirect fulfilment, is a synchronized process that delivers orders to customers on time. It was boosted by advances in digital commerce technology and social media popularity.
The D2C fulfilment service that is the best will be able to offer comprehensive warehouse logistics, clean integration with your sales channels, and personalized digital commerce order fulfilment solutions. Basically, they store, pick, pack, ship, and track the products you sell online.
With the growing popularity of digital commerce, shipping and fulfilling orders continue to be a challenge for brands. This article discusses the top 5 D2C fulfilment services for brands in 2023 and how they can help scale fulfilment capabilities and maximize customer experience.
What is the D2C Fulfillment Services
D2C fulfilment services are third-party warehouses that prepare and ship your orders on your behalf. If you don’t want to deal with shipping, or if you’ve reached the point where you are not able to ship items manually anymore, a fulfilment service is an excellent option.
It is becoming increasingly clear that fulfilment services are becoming the preferred choice for digital commerce businesses across the globe as customer expectations for same-day delivery and next-day delivery grow at an unimaginable rate. By using the right fulfilment services, businesses can meet their customer orders reliably, accurately, and efficiently while minimizing capital expenditures. Fulfilment services vary with respect to their exposure to the value chain, but in general, they behave as a command center for preparing and dispatching orders, as well as acting as a buffer for holding the products of their clients.
Key Factors of D2C Fulfillment Services
Selecting the best fulfilment services requires careful consideration of a number of factors, and it can be difficult for retailers to decide which ones to choose. There are several factors to consider when selecting the best D2C fulfilment service provider, including the business objectives of the decision-maker and personal preferences. Broadly, the following factors are important to consider:
- Range of Services Provided – A fulfilment service provider must be able to handle all your shipping needs. You should consider the offered services before making a decision. Shipping is a delicate process, and you need a fulfilment service provider who can handle it all. Fulfilment centers should be able to provide basic warehousing, order fulfilment, and shipping services. Despite this, the deal-breaker is the fulfilment center’s ability to handle multiple items with the utmost care.
- Customer Service Efficiency and Accessibility – Fulfillment centers services sales teams from dealing with returns and customer service issues, which makes it easier to grow a business. When choosing a provider, ask about service metrics and ask your recommenders about their experiences. Management services are available for disposing of defects or shipping for review when there are defects or returns.
- Scalability – In deciding which fulfilment partner to work with, it is important to consider their ability to scale up. If the center can’t grow in line with your business in the future, it’s not worth your money. Digital commerce will spur the expansion of most online stores in the next few years. You should be concerned that fulfilment service providers will be able to scale their services during this period of growth. It’s important to avoid a situation where you grow rapidly only to lose the ability to sustain your growth. In order to remain flexible within the changing scope of the industry, the fulfilment center should plan ahead. Sekel Tech is working round the clock to expand its reach to other countries in order to meet your growth goals.
- Use of Modern Technology – Using technology in the shipping process is changing how e-commerce businesses handle it. The use of technology is one of the most important factors in choosing your fulfilment service provider. It is important to consider a fulfilment center that uses warehouse inventory management systems for its routine processes. Fulfilment centers worth your money should utilize the latest technology to support their routine processes. The fulfilment center should use software that supports inventory management, enhances data reporting, and manages inbound and outbound freight.
Top 5 Effective D2C Fulfillment Services
1. Sekel Tech –
Whether you need inventory management or order fulfilment, Sekel Tech does it all. The platform will ensure that your orders are fulfilled on time once you send your products to one of its fulfilment centers. This well-known and trusted company experiences rapid growth in its services and customers every step of the way.
Sekel Tech, a D2C fulfilment company, provides online brands with a superior-tech platform for Amazon-like service levels by reducing shipment delivery times to 1-2 days from 5-10. With Sekel Tech, customers are guaranteed to receive their products accurately and quickly, whether they are B2B or direct-to-consumer. Your store can get started by connecting to Sekel Tech’s software, importing your product catalogue, and sending Sekel Tech your inventory.
Key features include:
- Easy-to-use platform
- Excellent customer support
- Excellent scalability
- Reduce customer churn / Drop-off
- Capture 1st party customer data
- Increase store walk-ins & calls
- Warehouse automation
- Robust customization & branding options
2. WareIQ –
Founded in 2019, WareIQ is the leading provider of full-stack eCommerce fulfilment solutions for some of the best brands in India. A full-stack platform offered by WareIQ enables eCommerce companies to deliver same-day and next-day products to customers – an experience akin to Amazon Prime but more accessible to consumers.
In the eCommerce fulfilment process, WareIQ handles the entire range of complex operations, including scanning and quality checks, picking and packing, and inventory management across all channels, using world-class WMS functionality. In terms of setting customer expectations and fulfilling them with high efficacy, WareIQ’s next-day and same-day delivery services are helping eCommerce businesses set new standards. Additionally, WareIQ customers enjoy significant cost savings, a broader reach, and economies of scale and scope in warehousing due to better negotiations with shipping partners.
A few of the important features of WareIQ are as follows:
- Pan-India Fulfillment & Darkstore Network
- Inventory and Network Planning Excellence
- Vertically Integrated Fulfillment Tech Stack
- Offer same-day delivery at no MOQ or distance-based billing
- Supply Chain Productivity Applications
3. ShipBob –
Chicago-based ShipBob was founded in 2014 as a global logistics, technology, and eCommerce fulfilment services company that provides next-day delivery services for direct-to-consumer brands. ShipBob offers end-to-end eCommerce fulfilment solutions with a 99.95% accuracy rate and over 7000 customers worldwide.
The eCommerce inventory features and advanced filter capabilities of ShipBob make it a popular fulfilment provider among online businesses. Your online store can easily be connected to ShipBob with a number of online integrations. The competitive pricing of ShipBob makes it possible for all types of eCommerce businesses. In addition to excellent customer service, ShipBob provides an account manager for each eCommerce business.
4. FedEx Fulfillment –
FedEx Fulfillment Services are flexible and adaptable, allowing businesses to customize and develop options to meet their specific needs for international delivery and order management. FedEx Fulfillment Services offers a competitive edge in the aftermarket and critical inventory markets. With the capacity, environment, and experience to store, organize, and ship orders when needed, FedEx Global Distribution Centre (GDC) offers hub-based warehousing for both forward and reverse logistics. While FedEx doesn’t offer product-based batch fulfilment, it does charge account fees when orders fall short of the minimum requirement.
Features of FedEx fulfilment include:
- Global footprint
- Range of eCommerce integrations
- Easy-to-use platform
- Extensive delivery networks
- Fast shipping and return management
5. Red Stag Fulfilment –
Red Stag Fulfillment is a reliable service that will pay you $50 if the company does not unload the shipment within 48 hours. Moreover, if your order does not arrive by your service level, you will not be charged for it, and you will receive $50 instead. The company will also pay you $50 if it delivered the wrong product or a number of products, and fix the mistake. Moreover, Red Stag Fulfillment takes care of any damages in its warehouse and ensures there is no shrinkage. In addition, popular eCommerce platforms like Shift4Shop directly integrate with their software, making it a perfect option for smaller stores. There are no long-term contracts or order minimums.
Red Stag Fulfillment features include:
- 100% inventory and order accuracy guarantees.
- Dedicated, U.S.-based account management teams.
- 2-business-day dock-to-stock guarantee.
D2C Fulfillment Companies’ FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some important questions to consider before choosing a fulfilment provider:
- What is the D2C fulfilment service?
The fulfilment part of your digital commerce business involves picking a product, packing it, shipping it, and delivering it to the customer.
- When should you go ahead with the D2C fulfilment service?
Fulfilment services are ideal for consumers who don’t want to deal with shipping or have outgrown their existing warehousing capabilities.
- What type of products does D2C Fulfillment Company fulfil?
A D2C fulfilment company such as Sekel Tech prides itself on fulfilling products in a variety of industries. We fulfil products in the retail, healthcare, real estate, hospitality, insurance, legal, financial, automotive, and commercial industries.
- Does Sekel Tech work with both B2C and B2B fulfilment?
With our B2B fulfilment services, you can provide your customers with the highest quality service. Since we focus on supporting businesses, you can expect solutions that are tailored to your needs.
- Why choose Sekel Tech?
Whether you are looking to grow your business or provide accurate, affordable fulfilment services to your customers, we can help. In order to maximize the efficiency of your operations, Sekel Tech offers D2C fulfilment, product fulfilment, and hyperlocal marketing services.
By now, you have a clear understanding of how important it is to have a fulfilment services partner that can provide same-day and next-day delivery services so that your digital commerce company can become more customer-friendly. Selecting the best fulfilment service for digital commerce cannot be standardized.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s D2C Fulfillment Services
Sekel Tech has rapidly grown to be the leading provider of full-stack D2C fulfilment technology services for some of the most reputed brands in India. Sekel Tech provides d2c fulfilment services, such as order processing, warehousing, and shipping, which are among the tasks of a fulfilment partner. There are also early, same-day, or next-day delivery options provided by Sekel Tech that can help businesses save money by getting shipments to their customers faster without renting a warehouse, purchasing equipment, recruiting staff, or managing fulfilment operations on a daily basis.
In addition to picking, packing, and shipping orders, Sekel Tech also provides technology and data to assist businesses with their supply chain management.