Digital commerce software is the system that allows your online store to operate. It is used to manage all aspects of an online store, including inventory management, product addition and removal, payment processing, tax computation, and fulfilment.
In today’s competitive marketplace, it’s crucial to choose the right software for your business. Building a digital commerce website may not be difficult, but if you start with the wrong software, you will suffer the consequences.
In this article, we will explain what digital commerce software is and what its advantages are. This article also covers the best digital commerce software for brands in 2023, its outstanding features, and key factors for choosing the right digital commerce software for brands.
What is Digital Commerce Software
Digital commerce software is the system that allows your online store to run. It can include business tools such as inventory management, accounting, and email marketing. The tool gives you the chance to provide top-notch customer service and provides you with analytics and marketing tools. Using it, you can manage an online store simply and straightforwardly, providing all the services.
Advantages of Digital Commerce Software
- Your store is always open – You can keep your online store open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. One of the biggest benefits of digital commerce software for brands is that it lets your online store remain open all the time. Since everything is automated, you don’t have to constantly monitor your online store through your dashboard because your business hours aren’t limited by your physical location or the working schedule of your staff.
- It is possible to sell as many items as you want – Online stores allow you to sell as many products as you want. As opposed to traditional retail outlets that have limited storage space to store all your products, you don’t have to limit the number of products you can display, sell, or carry. Increasingly, people shop online, so this allows you to sell more products, displaying them on catalog pages that customers can easily search for and view. In addition, shorter selling cycles result in maximum returns at a minimum investment.
- Built-in marketing tools – A lot of software comes with SEO and marketing features that will help you rank higher in search engine results and attract more customers to your store. Additionally, you can use the built-in analytical and statistical tools to generate real-time analytical data that will help you create targeted marketing campaigns, special offers, and product mix improvements.
- Anywhere in the world, you can sell – Accordingly, you can always sell to anyone, anywhere in the world, from any location. With your products, you can reach a global market, no matter what time or geography you are in. With the internet’s connectivity, you can sell to anyone, anywhere.
Key Features of Digital Commerce Software
- Reporting and Analytics – You can analyze and identify trends and patterns that affect customer purchasing habits through software, which provides you with insights and statistics about customer demographics, keyword usage, and clickstreams. Then you can craft strategies to increase revenue based on what’s working and what’s not.
- Automated Systems – Automated checkout methods provide customers with a clear picture of how much they will be paying for items they choose. This includes accurate computation of prices, taxes, shipping rates, and handling costs.
- Seamless Integration – You can integrate most digital commerce solutions with various business apps and third-party platforms and services to handle accounting, email marketing, fulfilment, and payment processing all in one place.
- Centralized Database – Centralized database allows you to store, access, and retrieve product and customer information, accounting transactions, product listings, browsing histories, and payment and shipping information easily.
Key Factors for Choosing the Best Digital Commerce Software for Brands
- Data Security – Throughout its entire lifecycle, data security protects digital information from unauthorized access, corruption, or theft. Keeping your data safe, as well as the data of your customers, should be your top priority. Choose software that will make you feel secure and prevent your business from being damaged.
- Channel compatibility in sales and advertising – In order to create a consistent and engaging customer experience, businesses must develop an omnichannel strategy that integrates both online and offline channels. The key to achieving that is leveraging social commerce.
- Scalability and customizability – A strong digital commerce business requires a strategy and additional digital commerce tools. Make sure the tool you choose allows API integration for store customization. Additionally, it should provide email campaign automation features. As your profits increase, you will need a tool that allows customization, even if you skip it at the beginning.
- Organic Discovery Friendliness – A store’s organic discovery process is one of the most important factors for its success. It takes time to build, and it’s easier if your platform follows best practices and keeps up with Google’s algorithms. You should check the details of the organic discovery capabilities offered by the commerce software you’re considering.
The Best Digital Commerce Software for Brands in 2023
1. Sekel Tech – Sekel Tech is an all-in-one digital commerce software provider and offers everything for your online store. Sekel Tech is a great fit for all kinds of businesses, from startups and small businesses to large corporations and enterprises. The software helps retailers manage their online presence, store orders, and consumers’ journey from online to offline. With this software, you can manage your inventory, optimize your site, and track conversions. Additionally, they offer live chat, phone, and email support 24/7.
With Sekel Tech, anyone can easily sell online, in a retail location, or anywhere else. Sekel Tech is popular for its ease of use and advanced digital commerce features. The company can use first-party data, including web, in-store, purchase history, and loyalty status, to create targeted marketing for an individual customer. With Sekel Tech, you can reach nearby customers and build brand awareness.
- Multi-Channel Communication
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Data Security.
- Use first-party data.
- It is robust and feature-rich.
- Excellent organic discovery performance.
- Customer service is very responsive and helpful.
2. ShopBase – ShopBase is a digital commerce software specializing in Drop-Shipping, Print-On-Demand, and white labels! Online merchants can get free access to ShopBase’s built-in marketing tools, along with upselling and cross-sell apps, to increase sales in their stores. Moreover, they can source high-quality products and process high-volume orders seamlessly with the ShopBase fulfilment service.
- It optimizes products and checkout pages automatically to increase conversions.
- Providing premium products to drop shipping merchants.
- Powerful online store builder.
- Inventory Management.
- Multi-Channel Marketing.
3. Amazon – The Amazon Marketplace is an e-commerce platform that allows third-party sellers to sell new and used products in addition to Amazon’s regular products. It is an object storage solution designed for businesses of all sizes that helps store data, manage access controls, track inventory, monitor storage, and accelerate bulk data transfers. It is now offering online sellers a branded mini Amazon storefront through its marketplace. The marketplace is now more than just a third-party marketplace for selling and promoting your products.
- An excellent option for drop shipping.
- It offers flexibility and scalability.
- Easy to use.
- Fast loading and easy-to-use features.
4. Volusion – Volusion is scalable eCommerce software for brands that can support the selling operations of all types of businesses, including sole traders and freelancers. It offers self-generated in-house services, secure checkouts, analytics, and integration with third-party apps and services, including popular social media sites.
- Quick setup and an easy interface.
- Feature-packed dashboard and CRM system.
- Integrated sales channels.
- It comes bundled with useful marketing and SEO tools.
5. Omnisend – Omnisend is an omnichannel marketing automation software created for digital commerce businesses. By optimizing your email, SMS, and social media marketing campaigns, you can attract and engage customers. Moreover, it uses automated abandoned cart emails, product suggestion pickers, and cross-selling to boost sales. Additionally, this software offers campaign reporting and A/B testing solutions so you can ensure that your digital commerce marketing efforts are as effective as possible.
- Digital Experience Platforms (DXP)
- Headless CMS.
- Digital Asset Management.
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Knowledge Management.
6. Shopify – Shopify is the best eCommerce software for most online sellers. It is well known and widely used for businesses. There are almost all the tools you need to run your online business – themes, quick customizations, easy product management, payment processing, order tracking, and shopping cart software. In addition to these features, Shopify offers high security for your online store.
- It supports a wide range of businesses.
- Suitable for drop shipping, print-on-demand, and retail.
- A complete digital commerce solution.
- It’s easy to use, fast, secure, and scalable.
7. eWorldTrade – The eWorldTrade eCommerce software is a convenient and user-friendly way for businesses to connect, communicate, and do business effectively with buyers and suppliers. They innovated their software to ensure it was the best possible tool for our users, making international trade more efficient. Furthermore, they believe the software is the most effective way to increase international trade efficiency. This software is perfect for buyers or suppliers looking for a more efficient way to do business.
- Quick research process.
- Categorization is included in the extended catalog.
- Selling goods and services in a suitable format.
- Sell multiple products at the same time.
8. BigCommerce – BigCommerce is a powerful eCommerce software with a comprehensive knowledge base, video tutorials, and active user forums to assist you during the store-building process. With BigCommerce, you get tools for SEO, conversions, and inventory management. You can also get 24/7 live support through phone, email, and live chat.
- Scalable and Flexible
- It is suitable for fast-growing businesses and enterprises.
- The built-in features are excellent.
- It is “search engine optimization” friendly.
- Excellent management tools.
9. Zyro – Zyro is an all-in-one dashboard that provides all the essential information you need to grow an eCommerce store – inventory and order tracking, customer reports – and the tools you need. Analyzing traffic and optimizing conversions is easy with powerful integrations. Zyro’s eCommerce builder includes a variety of marketing tools that will help you promote your products and grow your business. The Zyro digital commerce builder helps you optimize your store for search engines so that potential customers will find you when they are searching for products like yours.
- Customizable Templates
- Inventory Management
- Real-Time Editing
- SEO Management
10. Square Online – Square Online is an eCommerce software that helps to create beautiful, feature-rich online stores that integrate with popular social networks. The Square Online software helps you manage your website, items, orders, customers, and much more.
- It makes it easy to create a beautiful and professional website for your business.
- Online and in-person retail tools.
- Easy to set up and flexible.
- Lets you sell physical and digital goods.
- Simple, intuitive setup.
Ultimately, there is no one-size-fits-all software—you have to find the solution that is best suited to your business’s needs. There will be different priorities for digital commerce features for every company, so the “best” software will be the one that fits your specific needs, whether it is more payment options, drop shipping capability, real-time inventory management, or an easy-to-use interface. Hope this guide helps you choose the software that’s right for your online store.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s Digital Commerce Software
It’s tempting to choose popular software or one with the most features when choosing the right software for your business. However, your business objectives and customer needs must always be your focus during the selection process. In order to keep customers and sharpen your competitive edge, you need software with the features and functions you need and the ability to tailor the experience.
With Sekel Tech as a trusted partner to global startups and enterprises, this decision can seem daunting and important. Among the most frequently selected digital commerce software for brands in India, Sekel Tech is one of the most popular choices among brands across all industries. Sekel Tech’s easy-to-use dashboard powers many of today’s leading brands. We want to help you choose the right software as well as a digital commerce strategy for your business.