Table of Contents
Digital commerce optimization is a comprehensive approach to increase website appeals to visitors and convert them into customers easily. Your website should be designed to lead users toward a specific goal: buying your products or services.
It’s all about tweaking your store’s performance and conversions to boost your sales. But how do you determine what changes you’ll need to make? Using this all-inclusive guide to digital commerce optimization, we’ve provided you with information on what changes you should make and how they might affect business growth.
The best way to run a successful digital commerce store is to optimize it for speed and conversion. Read on to find actionable tips to improve your digital commerce business.
More about Digital Commerce Optimization
Digital optimization is a detailed process that involves examining all aspects of your website’s product listings, then testing changes that could increase sales or improve other key performance indicators (KPIs). The aim of digital commerce optimization is to make your online store perform better. Digital commerce optimization can include site speed, design, navigation, SEO, and more, to boost sales by enabling site visitors to convert into customers. All of these optimizations help your end goal of converting customers.
Top 10 Digital Commerce Optimization Tips For Beginners
Generally, digital commerce optimization refers to removing friction from your website’s interface to improve its conversion rate. From the layout to the navigation and the design elements, the focus should be on getting more people to purchase. Let’s get started by looking at 10 of the most effective digital commerce optimization practices that you can follow to boost your business growth.
- Keep Your Products and Landing Pages Up-To-Date – It is very important to keep up with the changes in digital commerce design trends. If you do not update your landing pages or your product pages regularly, you will see a sharp drop in traffic. A landing page is an important element of optimizing a digital commerce site for making the right first impression. Since your audience will land on these pages, it is essential that you optimize them carefully. You will see your bounce rate skyrocket if you don’t optimize your product pages and landing pages properly. If you want to improve your landing page and product, you can do several things:
- Use Product Review – Product reviews are a great way to boost conversion rates on your digital commerce site. People trust other people’s opinions more than brands, so if they see that other people have bought and loved your product, they’re more likely to purchase it as well.
- Use Large, High-quality Large Images – Ensure your product has high-quality images. This will assist buyers in making an informed purchase. Display the product from different angles. Make sure they can zoom in on the details as they browse.
- Leverage Visual Hierarchy – It is important to use visual hierarchy to guide your visitors through each element of your page design. The path that they take and the order in which they experience your design and copy can make all the difference between a bounced visitor and a conversion.
- Create SEO-friendly URLs, Titles, and Product Descriptions – Search engine optimization is essential to digital commerce optimization. By making your site more visible to Google, you’ll bring in more visitors, which in turn leads to more sales. Find high-volume search queries from your target audience using keyword research tools for an effective digital content strategy. The keywords should be strategically incorporated into headers, product pages, product descriptions, blogs, URLs, image file names, and meta tags and titles. Here are the key characteristics of an SEO-friendly website:
- Clean URL Structure – Your website URL must be clean and follow the best practices to ensure that search engines index your page. For permanent links, ensure they are all lowercase, descriptive, separated by dashes, and may contain organic keywords.
- Create Unique Title – It is crucial for SEO-friendly websites to have their own unique meta titles. These titles are usually between 50-60 characters long. These titles tell search engines exactly what the website is about.
- Create Unique Description – For an SEO-friendly website, all its web pages should have unique meta descriptions. Descriptions are usually between 140 and 160 characters long and appear below the title / URL of your page in search engine results. Search engine results page (SERP) rank is not directly affected by the description, but by whether people click on the link.
- Keyword Optimization for Online Stores – In keyword optimization (also called keyword research), you research, analyze, and select keywords that will drive qualified traffic to your website from search engines. Search engine optimization begins with keyword selection, both for organic and paid searches. If you do not select your target keywords correctly, all your subsequent efforts will be for nothing. That’s why it’s crucial to optimize your keywords correctly. Here are some terms that are important to know and understand in digital commerce for businesses:
- Find the Right Keywords for Your Site – Whether you use different search terms in different browsers or use an SEO tool, you’ll want to research all possible keywords you may consider for your site. Start by brainstorming keywords and phrases associated with the content and then enter them systematically into a search engine.
- Use High-Impact Keywords – It is imperative that your website content includes high-impact keywords and relevant phrases in order to boost online store performance. Each page of a website should include the keywords in the title, headings, body, product, and meta description.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing – Stuffing keywords into an article at the expense of the content is known as keyword stuffing. This should be avoided at all costs. Even though more keywords may result in higher search rankings, if the content is poor and the keywords are overused, the opposite will occur.
- Personalise Content – Nowadays, shoppers want a highly customized shopping experience. It’s a key differentiator for most digital commerce store owners to give their customers the “red carpet treatment.” Without it, your sales will suffer. It is critical to personalize customer journeys according to your buyer personas if you want to increase sales. A few simple steps can help you optimize your digital commerce store:
- Provide Recommendations – This is what many marketplaces do to devastating effect, so you should follow suit. Provide your customers with related products and recommendations. Purchases are significantly boosted by product recommendations.
- Use Geolocation – You can geotarget your products if you’re offering them globally or in different regions, offering them in the same currency or providing recommendations based on the region.
- Type-specific Customization – Ecommerce optimization focuses on customizing the shopping experience according to the device your customers are using to access your store.
- Optimize Your Site for Mobile Users – The mobile phone has become a popular way for people to grab information instead of using their desktops or laptops since this product is so simple to use and easy to carry. Therefore, you need to improve your mobile conversion rate. Mobile optimization is one eCommerce optimization you can’t ignore. Also, it’s a great way to research products and services. These tips will help you optimize your mobile eCommerce store:
- Boost Your Site’s Loading Speed – The speed of a website is particularly important in a mobile-first world. If you optimize your site for speed, you will not only keep your bounce rate low, but you will also improve your users’ experience, which is good for business.
- Test Your Site – It’s a smart move to check your site’s mobile-friendliness before you take any further actions. By doing this, you will be able to identify the areas on your site that need work and find out how to make improvements.
- Make Your Design Minimalistic – Make sure your site doesn’t have too many elements, so you can add your call-to-action and product categories.
- Re-engage Customers with Pop-ups and Emails – You can use pop-ups to encourage people to subscribe to your email list, newsletter, or loyalty program. This helps you reach more people for email marketing, which in turn boosts sales. Pop-ups should be served just before customers leave your site. You should also test your opt-in offers and optimize them accordingly. You will get more sales in the future with the more email addresses you collect. Here are some tips to re-engage customers with pop-ups and emails:
- Encourage First-time Visitors to Opt-in – Send a popup message to visitors shortly after they land on your website asking them to subscribe to your special offers. The vast majority of visitors to your website won’t make a purchase the first time they visit. Therefore, you need to make sure that they return often. Using email marketing is still the way to go as you can send them valuable information to further engage them.
- Triggering Pop-Ups – Pop Ups are all about timing. Try a time-driven popup if you want it to appear as soon as they arrive. You can schedule it so that it appears after a specific period of time and adjust it as necessary.
- Offer Free Shipping Popups to Entice Shoppers – Almost half of the shoppers who responded to a recent study said they didn’t abandon their purchase due to free shipping. This is a tried-and-true method for enticing shoppers through pop-ups.
- Deliver Top-notch Customer Service – A successful digital commerce marketplace is about more than quality products and must-have designs. These obviously help, but to really stand out, you need to provide excellent customer service. It takes a lot of effort to deliver great customer service. Several methods exist for improving the quality of customer service, from monitoring the level of service delivered to planning strategies for improvement. Here are just a few.
- Keep Your Business Fresh in Customers’ Eyes – Keeping your facility up-to-date so it stays cutting-edge is important to keep clients satisfied. It demonstrates to clients that you care about keeping their experience top-notch.
- Keeping Your Employees Happy – A satisfied employee plays a crucial role in keeping your customers happy with your services. You should therefore never compromise on keeping employees happy and gratified at their workplace.
- Keep a Customer-Centric Mindset – Every organization remains focused on its customers. Because of this, it is essential to treat them with the utmost respect and keep them happy with your service. You can significantly impact your business by adopting a ‘customer first’ approach to your services.
- Ask for Customer Feedback – Customer feedback can be used to improve your product and the services that support it. It’s vital to develop a customer-centric culture that strives to provide the best possible experience for prospects and customers alike by understanding how they perceive your business. Let’s look at the most effective and efficient ways to collect feedback from customers.
- Reply to Praise by Asking – It would be easiest if a customer approached you with unsolicited praise. Thank them for taking the time to provide feedback, and then suggest something.
- Engage in Conversation to Create Opportunities – If you want to ask a customer for a review, you don’t need to wait for them to come to you. The opportunity will usually come up during a conversation with them. At checkout, you can ask them about their experience with your store, services, or products.
- Don’t Force the Customer – If a customer makes a positive comment about your business, don’t ask for a review. It would make your conversation ingenuous and you would appear to care less about their experience than about getting the review. If you don’t ask in the right way, you won’t get any reviews.
- Use Multiple Social Media Channels – Social media marketing is a great addition to your digital commerce marketing plans. Social media posts that include products and relevant hashtags open up an alternative direct route to purchase. Your online store can benefit from a social media digital commerce strategy by generating more sales, enhancing brand awareness, and communicating with your customers. Here are some ways social media marketing can help you promote your digital commerce for businesses.
- Increasing Brand Awareness – Before you begin selling something, build buzz around the product or store that you are about to launch. People aren’t going to buy your products if they don’t know about them.
- Direct Sales on Social Media – Essentially, social media digital commerce marketing overlaps with social commerce, i.e. selling your products directly from your social media accounts or “shops.”
- Social Listening – Social listening involves scanning social media for mentions of your brand or products and conversations related to them. Being aware of what your audience has to say about your brand is also a protective measure.
- Use Tracking Tools – You can use analytics tools to track important KPIs and metrics for your digital commerce store to see what’s working and what isn’t. Additionally, you’ll be able to see what areas of your website caused users to drop off, or which pages or elements in your pages led to more sales. By improving poorly performing elements, you can optimize your conversions. Data should drive any decision you make regarding digital commerce optimization. Tracking has many great benefits, including:
- Track Time Across Different Devices – In spite of remote workers, employees working on site, and staff across the globe, you can still keep consistent time. Your entire team can easily and accurately enter time with Sekel Tech’s tracking tool, no matter where they are.
- All Your Work/Accounts in One Place- All tools and activities can be managed in one place with Sekel Tech’s Tracking platform. One big, user-friendly platform gives you access to all your tasks and processes. Your life will be a lot simpler if you use a tracking platform for a few low-priority tasks, some personal to-do’s.
- Eliminate Mistakes – Manually tracking and storing competitors’ prices is commonly done in Excel, but no matter how careful you are, you may make mistakes. Making costly mistakes can be avoided by using a proven Sekel Tech tracking tool.
To boost sales and revenue, the above 10 digital commerce optimization tips are essential. You can use simple techniques to interact with more customers, raise sales, or improve your business. These optimization tips can help you increase your digital commerce store’s growth.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s Digital Commerce Optimization Tool
Digital commerce for businesses is crucial to success. When you don’t convert visitors into buyers, your bottom line suffers. Sekel Tech can help you in optimizing your digital commerce store to increase revenue for your company and improve your audience’s experience.
Many of today’s leading brands rely on Sekel Tech’s powerful dashboard for easy-to-use features. We’re here to help you make the best decision. Our team of marketing experts can improve the results of your digital commerce site. Sekel Tech provides content marketing, organic discovery, and customer engagement solutions in digital commerce for businesses.