Location Based Marketing is a kind of direct marketing in which content or services (like push notifications) are delivered based on a mobile device’s location. When promoting a restaurant, business, or location, this can be used with social media.
If you are trying to reach more people and get more customers, location-based marketing can be a great way of increasing the reach of your business. Location-based marketing is also an effective way to deliver an email campaign or push notifications.
With the rise of smartphones, location-based marketing has become one of the top strategies used by businesses to create a memorable brand experience and increase the relationship between their clients and brands. A number of technologies have emerged to help companies implement location-based marketing into their digital campaigns. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some tools and strategies for implementing location-based marketing into your digital campaign.
What is Location Based Marketing
Location-based marketing is a direct marketing strategy that utilises a mobile device’s location to distribute content (such as push notifications) regarding a specific location.It is a way to create targeted content for customers who are physically close to your business. This type of marketing is used by companies with physical locations, such as restaurants, retail stores, and service providers. Location based marketing is also known as geo-targeted advertising, location-based ads, and mobile marketing. Location or geolocation refers to any geographical location-related information such as latitude, longitude, altitude, and/or GPS coordinates.
Advantages of Location-based Marketing
Location-based marketing (LBM) is the process of delivering advertising or other promotions to individuals based on their real-world location. We will discuss five key advantages of location-based marketing in this section. The marketing strategy becomes more valuable and profitable as a result of these factors.
- Location-based Targeting – Using a target location is the most effective method of location-based marketing. In order to reach consumers within a specific region, location targeting should be used. As a result, it is much easier to market this product to your target audience.
- Creating Better Connections with Your Audience – A location-based marketing approach provides marketers with the opportunity to improve the connection they have with their target audiences. Businesses can take advantage of the established locations of their target audience to serve their customers better. First-party data provides insight into your audience, creating a better understanding of your target audience. Therefore, first-party data refers to information a company collects and owns directly from customers.
- Process of Market Segmentation Becomes Easier – This simplifies market segmentation since geographical and demographic locations are straightforward to segment based on verticals. Marketers who begin to use location-based marketing will find it easier to use.
- Search Engine Rankings will Boost! – The primary objective of digital marketing is to have your business rank highly on search engines. Because of this, businesses are able to readily display their business listings when people are on the go, as they have access to the location data of a smartphone user. It has been shown that location-based marketing improves search engine rankings, especially for businesses investing in location-based marketing.
- Increased Business Levels – Using location-based technologies can greatly benefit a company due to its unique capabilities. For instance, whether marketing targets slower periods during bad weather. It is often the case that customers who visit during a rainy or unpleasant day are offered a special price, service, or discount. Business expenses can be better utilised when a business targets slow times. Location-based marketing helps you reach your ideal customers at a time when foot traffic and in-person business are usually low. It is also possible to boost online sales and traffic using location-based marketing. It will be easier to attract web traffic to a larger digital presence.
Strategies of Location-based Marketing
Location based marketing strategies can help businesses increase their foot traffic by attracting more customers, which can lead to more revenue. Location-based marketing strategies are becoming more popular and for good reason. They’re scalable, mobile-friendly, and cost-effective. They work across a variety of devices and platforms, and they can be used to engage new customers at scale.
- Social Media Presence – You need a social media presence to stay in touch with your customers. This is because people are more likely to make purchases if they feel like they know the business and have established a relationship with it.
- Content Strategy – It is essential that you post content on your website or blog that is relevant to the people in your area and will attract them. You should also post content on other websites or blogs that are relevant to the people in your area but make sure it’s not too promotional because this could turn them off. Posting content on other websites will help you get more views and increase traffic to your site as well as help you get links back from those sites, which can also boost.
- Customer Retargeting – When customers visit your store, they can receive targeted ads through an app or website in the future. This helps customers to learn more about products and services that interest them, so they can make purchases at those locations in the future.
- Hyperlocal Personalization – This means creating specific ads and content for different people based on their profile information such as age and gender. For example, if you’re interested in flower delivery services but live in a rural area where there are no flower shops nearby, personalization could mean sending relevant offers about local flower shops when you enter your zip code into an app or website.
- In-Store Promotions – In-store promotion is a marketing strategy that is meant to bring people into the store and to purchase specific items that are part of the in-store. It also helps promote sales by giving them a chance to win prizes, discounts, or other incentives. In order for a successful in-store promotion to take place, it must have a clear focus on the customer’s desired outcome. This means that you need to know what it is that your customers want, and then be able to offer them something in exchange for their money.
- Leveraging the Power of Online Reviews – Online reputation matters, customer reviews figure into search engine results, and poor reviews result in fewer views and less visibility. Online reviews are an effective way to build trust, increase brand awareness and improve the overall customer experience. Your customers are people like you: they’re looking for the best place to buy their products and services. If you want them to continue their business with you, they need a good impression of your company.
6 Keys to Achieving Location Based Marketing Goals
- Timely Feedback is Essential – The best way to keep customers satisfied is to provide them with timely service. It is important to give your customers an opportunity to express themselves during a critical period. It is better to receive negative feedback than to receive no feedback at all.
- Enhance the User Experience by Removing Friction – Understanding user behaviour is the key to improving the user experience. Identify your customers’ journeys and find ways to add value along the way.
- Provide Users with the Right Information – Help your customers find solutions that can save them time and money by identifying their real-time needs. Steer users to your products by identifying the real-time needs of their customers. Your customers can then compare and evaluate products from manufacturers, retailers and online downloading services.
- Increase Foot Traffic – It is important to market your business to attract more foot traffic. Marketing helps brands expose their products and services to potential customers. Make nearby customers aware of the added value they will receive from an in-store visit.
- Last-Minute Upsell – To make sure that a user has all the information they need to make an informed decision, it is important to include relevant, urgent, and location-based information.
- Connect Online and Offline Moments – Ensure that users are reminded of the value that both offline and online moments can bring to their past and present needs as well.
Best Location Based Marketing Tools for Your Brand
Let’s look at a few of the best location based marketing tools for 2023:
- Sekel Tech – Sekel Tech offers location-based marketing tools that facilitates the management of online and offline marketing efforts. With its simple-to-use, rich content generation, and distribution tools, it seamlessly integrates the online and offline consumer experience. With Sekel Tech’s location-based marketing solutions, you can increase sales and traffic in your store. Partner companies can use our first-party location data and insights to better understand their business, reach out to consumers through precise location and audience targeting, measure sales impact in real time, and make smarter forecasting decisions.
- SEMrush – SEMrush is one of the most effective digital marketing tools for improving your SEO strategy. With SEMrush, you can research keywords, track positions, and provide backlinks. A comprehensive SEO audit can also be performed with this tool. A comprehensive SEO audit can also be performed with this tool. SEMrush’s latest version includes enhanced content writing and advertising features.
- HYP3R – HYP3R is a location-based marketing tool that unlocks geosocial data at an unprecedented level. Working with innovative teams who believe in better marketing for both businesses and consumers is critical to HYP3R. HYP3R allows marketers to analyse consumer and competitive behaviour on-location, engage customers in a delightful way, and acquire high-value customers through hyper-targeted campaigns.
- Netmera – Netmera is an omni-channel customer engagement platform that provides personalised experiences for customers. The platform helps digital marketers and product managers increase revenue and ROI through mobile & web push notifications, in-app messaging, pop-ups, analytics, and marketing automation. A total of 12 billion push notifications are sent by Netmera every month to 450 million users worldwide. With Netmera, companies are able to reach, convert, and retain customers.
- Flame Analytics – Flame Analytics is a location analytics and customer engagement platform for physical smart spaces that boosts sales and engagement. With its omnichannel digital marketing and analytics tools, Flame Analytics transforms and makes physical spaces smarter. Provides omnichannel marketing and analytics tools that help transform and optimize physical spaces.
There are several tools you can use for location-based marketing, and we’ve listed some of the most widely used ones here. It’s important to note that, in order to have any kind of location based marketing campaign really work well, you need to also have a solid mobile-optimised website, as well as a store locator if you have one available. Companies can truly use location-based marketing tools to enhance the relationship they have with their clientele.
Customers are beginning to realise how sensitive their data is and how it is being used by companies. As awareness of that grows, companies need to learn how to gain trust and respect back by demonstrating transparency. They need to start implementing strategies like opt-in mobile advertising which will ultimately deliver a better experience for customers and therefore improved sales for the businesses. Location based marketing is still in its infancy but it has incredible future growth potential if companies can master implementing it well.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s “Location Based Marketing Tools”
Location based marketing is a growing trend in the market. It has been proven to be more effective than traditional marketing techniques. Location data provides brands with insights into consumer behaviour and preferences that can help them create highly personalised contextual messaging with less effort and higher ROI — which is why it’s so important for marketers to understand how they can use location data effectively. Location-based marketing tools help to create and manage the location based content on social media. They are also capable of tracking the performance of your content on different platforms and devices.
The most popular location-based marketing tool is Sekel Tech’s “Location-Based Marketing Tool.” It is an all-in-one solution for marketers who want to take advantage of this growing trend in their marketing strategy. Sekel Tech provides a range of location based marketing tools for different needs. Whether you are looking for a tool to help your business get more customers, or you are looking to target specific demographics, Sekel Tech has the tools that can help. tools can be used to track people’s movements and provide them with relevant content at the right time. It is possible to use the location data to create push notifications, SMS messages, or even emails with personalised content based on where they are in their journey.