Hyperlocal digital marketing is a technique for reaching potential customers within a relatively small geographical area, often just a few blocks or streets, often with the goal of capturing people searching for nearby locations on their phones.
Generally, large corporations use national advertising campaigns to reach potential customers. Small businesses don’t benefit from this approach. Not only is it costly, but it can be a waste of money. In order to increase revenue, local businesses need to use hyperlocal marketing strategies rather than going wide with advertising. Most of their revenue comes from those who can walk or drive to their stores.
Recent years have seen a rise in the use of digital marketing to target local audiences. However, most experts choose Hyperlocal Marketing precisely because of its powerful, unmatched results. Considering the competition, it is definitely high time for businesses that cater to local audiences to start learning and utilizing these Hyperlocal digital marketing strategies.
What is Hyperlocal Digital Marketing
Hyperlocal digital marketing is an approach to online marketing that focuses on potential customers within a very specific location. This means that it reaches people who wish to purchase products or services in highly localized and address-specific regions. By targeting people who search on their mobile devices for “near me,” retailers can increase foot traffic to their physical locations.
For example, the search query “stationery stores near me” tells Google that I want to buy stationery in the area where I live. In other words, if I want to buy stationary, I will Google “stationery stores near me”. Adding “near me” to the search query lets Google know I don’t want to travel far to purchase stationery. A hyperlocal search will show up any stationary stores that have optimized their business.
Importance of Hyperlocal Digital Marketing
Hyperlocal digital marketing helps brands rank higher in local searches by garnering online reviews. Additionally, it leverages the ripple effect, helping to build brand recognition near the business’ location and in the area. Investing in local expansion is crucial. With a hyperlocal digital marketing strategy, you can focus on your core customer base, as well as save money in the long run.
A hyperlocal marketing campaign is highly targeted, which means that businesses (especially retail businesses) do not have to spend as much on marketing campaigns that might not yield a great return on investment.
There is a high purchase intent among hyperlocal consumers. When prospective customers type “coffee shops near me”, they are more likely to be ready to purchase. A recent study found that 78% of hyperlocal mobile searches result in offline purchases.
In recent years, near me, searches have become increasingly popular. In the past two years, mobile queries related to “where to buy” and “near me” have grown by over 200%. Searchers expect Google to serve search results based on their location, according to this study.
5 Powerful Hyperlocal Digital Marketing Strategies
Here are some hyperlocal digital marketing strategies to grow your business and attract local customers.
1. Optimize Your Google My Business Listing – Create and optimize your Google My Business listing if your business has a physical location since it will help you appear in local searches better. The time has come to optimize your online business listings. What’s there determines whether your business appears in the right place when people search for it. If you optimize your Google My Business listing, you will increase your chances of being ranked highly in local search results.
Ensure your business information on your Google My Business. Include your business name, address, phone number, and website. Also, include business hours and any other information that could help potential customers decide to visit. Distance plays an important role in hyperlocal rankings. The distance between your business and the local search query is taken into account by search engine signals. We recommend that if you are a local business that has multiple locations, you should create landing pages for each one and link them to Google My Business accounts
Here’s an example of an awesome Google My Business page. It is important to remember that Google My Business pages help users find local businesses in their area when they use Google first.
In this example, you’ll find the company’s address, hours, contact information, and website first. The links on the website and menu all work, so it makes reading and understanding the listing very easy. The rating and reviews are great. If 4.6 stars weren’t enough, I could read almost 366 more reviews. It is well optimized for hyperlocal marketing. VLCC excelled here.
2. Build an Online Store for Each Location – Local businesses need to have an online store for hyperlocal purposes if they manage multiple locations. Developing personalized content for each location will boost your search visibility and boost local rankings. Include location-based keywords in your content and optimize your landing pages to target these keywords.
In order to improve your business’s local rankings, you need local landing pages. You do not need to design 100 separate landing pages if your business operates across 100 locations. You should select the regions that are most relevant to your business. Consider your target areas and focus first on them. Links to these landing pages can be included in the header of your main website, for example, “Locations.”
The following is an example of hyperlocal marketing by GROHE: A leading global brand for complete bathroom solutions and kitchen fittings.
3. Produce High-Quality Content That’s Hyperlocal – The key to hyperlocal marketing is content marketing. It is important to develop local content to increase rankings and arouse customers’ interest in the area. This is because people search online for your business before they visit your store. In addition to attracting customers, high-quality, relevant content also engages them, builds trust, and raises brand awareness, which leads to more sales and in-store visits.
You should always use the language used in your locality when creating content for local markets. Your first step should be to focus on what your customers want to consume rather than what you want to create. There are several types of content you can create online, including blog posts, videos, images, infographics, and academic articles.
Here is an example of Haldiram’s promoting social distancing through the #Haldiram’s Care campaign
After the lockdown, Haldiram’s sought to make a responsible comeback that prioritizes the health and safety of its customers, where employees and customers play an integral role in ensuring that the latter may indulge in their favorite delicacy while following the necessary social distancing measures.
Using the tagline “Delicious bhi Dooriyaan bhi”, the brand requests and restricts consumers to keep at least six feet apart from one another when eating. In order to ensure a safe dining experience, Haldiram creates temporary social distancing and maintains its popularity permanently. After lockdown Haldiram’s hyperlocal digital marketing strategy is paying off.
4. Make A Website Mobile Friendly – Smartphones became a regular part of everyday life. Today, we find it strange for anyone to leave the house without a phone. There is a wide range of website traffic distributions for individual websites, but approximately half of your visitors will be viewing your website from a phone. It’s no longer an option to have a mobile-friendly website. You’ll lose a large portion of your traffic if you don’t provide a good mobile experience to your visitors.
A mobile-friendly website is designed, developed, and optimized for use on mobile devices. As an example of a mobile-friendly website, Blunt’s is a good one.
Scrollable, the texts look sharp, the images are well visible, and everything you want to click on is clickable and works! The first impression that I can make when I visit sites like these on mobile is that I will be inclined to purchase hair care products if I check out sites like these.
5. Create Customer Online to Offline Journey – As early as online shopping, retailers kept online and offline channels distinct, assuming that consumers behaved differently. Today, we know that couldn’t be further from the truth. The report shows that multi-channel retailers receive additional in-store visits for every online purchase resulting from a search. The number of shoppers who search for product prices and information in stores is higher than 60%. Consumers’ shopping journeys are no longer linear, and retailers must provide a seamless online-to-offline experience that mirrors how they naturally shop. Listed below are three strategies for facilitating online-to-offline success.
- Maintain Consistency Across Channels – Consumers must be able to seamlessly transition between online discovery and offline purchase in order to create an effortless experience. If your business does not appear in local search results or if the details are incorrect, you cannot convert consumer research into sales. It is much more important than you might think that the digital information about your business impacts discoverability and foot traffic.
- Integrate the Digital and the Physical – ‘Search Online’ and ‘Buy Offline’ initiatives are the smart way for businesses to cater to consumers’ desires to shop online but obtain their merchandise faster than shipping allows. The buy online, pick up in-store strategy is easier to implement than some other omnichannel strategies, since it does not require widespread deployments of new in-store technology and so is a relatively simple investment for retailers who already have physical stores and offer online sales.
- A Seamless Experience Starts Internally – An omnichannel strategy can boost sales, but executive buy-in is imperative if it’s to succeed across an organization. Great omnichannel experiences start with the internal organization. If you want to be successful, use Marketing Automation. Marketing often leads initiatives that introduce new technology into stores, but without proper support, it will be difficult to scale the solution to all stores. Sekel Tech’s hyperlocal marketing platform can be used to optimize your campaign to increase engagement across multiple online channels.
For example, Kalyan Jewellers keeps users connected with popular tactics such as rewards points, gift vouchers, and gift cards.
Kalyan Jewellers offers a timeline to prompt users to make a purchase, whether in person or through the app. Kalyan Jewellers customers receive a higher ratio of rewards points for a purchase made within the specified timeframe. Encourage micro-touch points across your platforms to keep customers engaged.
Hyperlocal marketing is a good way to increase your local presence, drive more traffic, and grow your business. These hyperlocal tips will help you find new customers, and show your brand to the best advantage before, during, and after the purchase process. Experiment with each hyperlocal effort and learn from it to determine how to scale cities and regions effectively.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s Hyperlocal Digital Marketing Strategies
It’s important to know how you are doing on a local level before you start your hyperlocal digital marketing strategy. The purpose of this is to monitor user behavior on your website and analyze traffic quality from multiple sources. Sekel Tech holds true for that. Based on completed goals, the tool shows you how well your local landing page is converting based on results from local searches. You will be able to create a more effective hyperlocal digital marketing strategy with the more detailed and accurate information you receive.
Utilize the local search experience of your target audience and take advantage of this insight to increase your hyperlocal strategy. Hyperlocal digital marketing for local businesses is a great way to attract new clients. You can make your business a staple in your local community with Sekel Tech.