B2B customer experience management is the entire buyer journey before, during, and after the purchase of a product or service. In CEM, a business continuously gathers, analyzes, and acts on customer data in order to improve its customer experience.
The business-to-business customer experience (b2b CX) is among the top priorities for most b2b companies today. As online and digital services have grown in popularity, b2b companies are switching to customer-led innovation to provide a smooth and positive experience for their customers and vendors. Using customer experience management, a company ensures that its customers are satisfied with their experience.
A seamless and personalized experience is becoming increasingly important to customers. 95% of consumers think B2B customer service is essential for loyalty. Therefore, traditional b2b customer mindsets are adapting to simplify processes for instant user satisfaction.
In this article, we explore what b2b customer experience management is, the advantages of B2B CEM, the top 5 b2b customer experience management systems, and the most effective tips to improve your customer experience in B2B.
What is a B2B Customer Experience Management System
The concept of customer experience (CX) is well known to everyone, how businesses engage with customers during every phase of the purchasing process, from marketing to sales to customer service. Essentially, the B2B customer experience (CX) includes all interactions a customer has with your brand, regardless of whether they engage with you digitally or in person, but the customer here is composed of multiple stakeholders instead of just one person.
B2b Customer experience management system allows your organization to manage interactions with current and potential customers. Using the system, you can organize, automate, and synchronize customer interactions across all of your customer-facing touchpoints to better service existing customers and respond quickly to issues.
Advantages of B2B CEM
Customer experience management platforms can transform every aspect of your business, making them an important investment for businesses of all sizes. When choosing one, you should consider these advantages and capabilities:
- Better Customer Experience – Regardless of how great your product or service is, customer experience is crucial to making the sale. The team can apply a personalized approach at all points since they have 24/7 access to client information in the customer experience management software. A personalized approach is crucial when it comes to B2B sales, which usually take a few months or a whole year to conclude.
- Omnichannel Customer Experience Data Collection – Listen to your customers wherever they are having their experiences. With the right platform, you will be able to set up listening posts and collect customer feedback on your website, on social media, on third-party apps, or even in person. The platform you use should be designed so that you can collect customer feedback using a variety of methods, including web and SMS surveys, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and live chat. You should be able to see a meaningful overview every time you need it by tracking all these feedback channels back to the same centralized system.
- Real-time Customer Journey Data – The best customer experience management platform (CEM) integrate all the aspects of customer experiences into one centralized hub in order to provide a 360-degree view of the customer journey. This includes customer lifecycle and segmentation, next-gen listening and understanding, and customer engagement and touchpoints.
- Meeting the Expectations of Customers – The goal of a customer experience management platform is to help you manage the customer experience more effectively. A modern customer expects to be understood, listened to, and treated as an individual rather than a member of a market segment. According to 63% of consumers, brands need to listen more. Listening means collecting qualitative customer data of all kinds and acting on it in this context. You will gain a better understanding of your customer interactions if you use the customer experience management (CEM) platform to its fullest extent. You can build more personalized experiences using that deeper understanding, and your customers will feel listened to because of those personalized experiences.
- Transparency and Accountability – It is key component of customer experience management. Each department should be responsible for the successful implementation of b2b customer experience management goals.
Top 5 B2B Customer Experience Management Systems
1. Sekel Tech – Sekel Tech is an AI-powered b2b customer experience management platform with advanced automation options that helps you streamline communication between you and your customers. The platform is highly scalable, which enables businesses of any size to use it. This platform provides a wealth of functionalities that will improve customer service. With its extensive capabilities, this customer experience suite simplifies connecting with customers and improves collaboration. The system can make behavior-based segments and produce customized reports. It will provide you with instant feedback so you can get a better understanding of your customers.
Best for – Any sized business.
- It has enterprise-level scalability.
- It captures 1st party customer data.
- It increases store walk-ins and calls.
- It will help you build a 360-degree profile of a customer.
- It will help you to boost conversion and revenue through customer data analytics.
- It offers many more features like Performance Metrics, Reporting/Analytics, Reputation Management, Listing Management, mobile field service, etc.
2. HubSpot – HubSpot is a CEM platform that provides a quick way to engage customers authentically. It is a very useful tool for customers who are frustrated by automating or robotic services. Additionally, you can implement live chat on your site and establish a knowledge base for customers to access. Customers can also become advertisers of your product and brand through surveys and quantitative feedback.
Best for – Startups, small businesses, and enterprises.
- Respond faster to customer inquiries by adding live chat and bots to your website.
- Customer communications and service history are consolidated in one inbox with Respond Better.
- Reduce customer service inquiries by providing a knowledge base.
- Customer surveys and quantitative feedback can turn your customers into promoters.
3. Medallia – Medallia is a cloud-based CEM platform that focuses on improving customer experience. The system allows interactive analytics, mobile feedback, and even enterprise feedback management. Any device can be used to collect feedback. Among the features included are text analytics and push reporting. It helps companies win through customer and employee experience.
Best for – Small to large businesses.
- This platform provides interactive analytics.
- It has text analytics and push reporting capabilities.
- The platform also provides media sharing and mobile feedback functionality.
4. Clarabridge – Clarabridge is a CEM platform that offers social engagement resources. With its analytics, you will be able to receive in-depth insight into your customers’ needs while responding quickly. Utilize any medium to obtain feedback, while also gaining insights from it. As well as social listening, media analytics, management, and reporting, you can also analyze speech and text. Most of the data used for analysis is collected from social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, and review sites), email, and chat.
Best for – Teams of any size.
- The feedback can be captured from any channel, such as voice recordings, agent notes, chat logs, or social media.
- CX Analytics provides you with insights about conversations.
- Clarabridge is powered by artificial intelligence and can capture interactions from any medium.
- The CX Social platform can be used by teams of any size to help their customers.
5. SAS Customer Experience – SAS is a CEM platform that includes marketing automation and optimization, real-time decision management, and intelligent advertising. It is easy to develop and maintain customer profiles. The SAS platform allows you to engage your customers in real-time and offer personalized experiences that are relevant to their needs. A consolidated view of a particular customer is provided by consolidated data. You can achieve greater customer success by gaining insights into your customers.
Best for – Small, medium, and large businesses.
- SAS Intelligent Decisioning provides you with analytically driven real-time customer interactions.
- SAS will help you make marketing decisions based on customer insights.
- SAS Marketing Optimization provides you with more information about business variables.
- SAS Marketing Automation will allow you to conduct more automated, trackable, and repeatable campaigns.
Tips to Improve Your Customer Experience in B2B
In an increasingly competitive market, customers can take their business elsewhere if they are not satisfied with the service they receive. Therefore, b2b companies must focus on creating a great customer experience. Consider these tips when setting your organization’s experience standards.
- Have a Focused Consumer Vision – The company must create a customer-centric vision. Whenever customers interact with the brand, they should be able to feel valued and receive positive feedback. Customers want to be treated well. It is imperative that everyone in the company puts forth the effort to build trust with customers and meet their needs. A company can tell when it is focused on sales and profits and when it is focused on its customers. Set the tone for your company to prioritize customers. Your employees need to be empowered to take action in meeting customer needs and figuring out how to solve problems and build relationships. Customer experience can only be successful if everyone is involved.
- Provide a Customized Experience – Customers need to be personalized at every stage of their journey. From getting to know them to establishing strong communication to offering the best product recommendations, personalization is at the heart of everything. The best way to show customers that they are valued and appreciated is to get to know them and create offers that meet their needs. The best customer environments are simple, intuitive, and flexible. B2B buyers are often pulled in multiple directions and appreciate when companies simplify what matters most to them. A company that can navigate through all of the materials and options will be appreciated by B2B buyers.
- Use AI and Automation Tools to Enhance Productivity – By using automation tools, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, you can improve the quality and frequency of your communications with your target audience. The automated functional testing tool uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to speed up the authoring, execution, and maintenance of automated tests. It includes features such as codeless and scriptless creation of robust automated tests, full cloud management of testing infrastructure, unlimited scalability of tests, and parallel execution of them.
- Real-time Connections with Clients – In any customer service case, speed is crucial. But when you are working in a B2B environment, speed is even more important since your clients will have higher expectations than you would if you sell consumer goods. Keep an eye on your social media accounts for inquiries from customers as well. Social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook Messenger are great for communicating with clients and providing prompt responses.
- Gather Customer Feedback – It is difficult to tell how your customers feel about your business when you compare your offerings to those of your competitors. The best way to know is to create a feedback loop that collects, analyzes and distributes customer feedback. As a result, you will have a firsthand understanding of the obstacles your customers are facing and how to help them overcome them. Clearly, customer experience is crucial in the B2B space. Companies can create loyal, satisfied customers by staying on top of customer need to stay ahead of the competition.
- Refine Omnichannel Experience – Online channels are increasingly used by customers for both research and purchases. Buyers in the B2B sector. The customer journey now requires high levels of service and personalization. A great customer experience, the same content, and the same ease of use are delivered across multiple channels, whether it is online or offline, on a website or social media, via mobile or laptop. All of your channels should deliver consistently great customer experiences.
Take Advantage of Sekel Tech’s B2B Customer Experience Management Systems
There are a number of b2b customer experience management technologies available, and they can help you better understand your messages, contacts, and experiences. It can also identify opportunities for growth. Managing a healthy relationship with your customers requires a b2b customer experience. We at Sekel Tech value every single one of our customer’s unique needs and demands. Get your support operations to the next level with Sekel Tech’s world-class integrations and contextual intelligence.
You can build rewarding customer relationships with Sekel Tech by delivering the right message to the right customer at the right time, on the right channel. Get tips on creating and orchestrating multichannel journeys that engage and strengthen customer experience with Sekel Tech’s Marketing integrations. Take advantage of more intelligent marketing capabilities. Learn more about Customer Online to Offline Journey.